being my savior again

Mei and me never were a good pair. We were rivals in every field. And things worsened when I went out with Gojo. Because Mei liked Gojo too.

I tried to remain as calm as possible.
" Hey Mei how are you ?!".

" Umm the usual as hot as ever " she replied with her annoying sarcastic tone.

"Aahh I see and Iori how are you doing !?", I asked the only sane person there.

" I am doing good how are you though y/n ?" , Iori replied with her calm voice.

Before I could say anything Mei interrupted," can't you see Iori , how pale she looks it seems like she isn't doing well!" , She giggled.

And then again she continued," by the way why aren't you with your dear boyfriend y/n "

I stiffened when she mentioned boyfriend. I looked down and was about to burst into tears when she again broke the silence ," oh sorry I forgot you left him for your career ,my bad", she smiled. Mei never misses a chance to bully me. It's like her favorite pastime.

It's really tough for me now to give her any comeback I was already feeling super guilty  after talking to Gojo and now these statements are making everything worse.

Suddenly I felt Nanami's arms around me. He squeezed my shoulder comfortingly. I looked up and met his eyes. They were as calm as ever.

" Umm Mei I know you don't have anything to do but we are quite busy so we should better leave", he said and pulled me with him.

Mei was devastated by Nanami's comeback. Usually he never says anything. So I guess it was hard taking something rude from him.

He stopped after taking two steps and turned around and said," ahh Mei, to remind you Y/N left but she was always with us ".

Now I was looking at him with pure surprise in my face. This guy is really my savior.

How can he be so calm for me when I did wrong with him too. I left without saying anything to him. I didn't contact him all these years. I never returned his calls or texts and he is the same. Still he isn't angry rather he is always having my back.

Mei stomped off the scene taking Iori with her. I can feel that she embarrassed herself to a great extent.

After Mei and Iori left , we went and shop what we needed. And left the store.

Nanami was filling things in the trunk of the car when I saw an ice cream truck nearby. I forced him to go with me.

We took our ice creams and then came to where our car was parked.

Being a super messy eater of ice creams I spilled a lot every where and we ran short of tissues.

We were eating silently when I noticed he too messed up his face. Looking at him I started laughing. Because he had ice cream everywhere in his face.

" May I ask why are you laughing so hard now", he asked raising one eyebrow.

" You act so cool and tough but you eat like a kid you know ", I said amidst my laughter.

"Huh !? What do you mean", he questioned.

"You have ice cream in your face. I can't understand you are eating using your mouth or nose ", I replied again laughing.

He tried to clean it up but couldn't clean properly. So I cleaned the ice cream from his nose. He got startled and jumped back a few steps like he got electrocuted by my touch.

" You shouldn't do something like this you know ", he said panicking.

" What ?", I asked being confused.

"Touching other people's faces idiot ", he replied.

" Don't be silly it's normal and it's your fault for messing up your face " , I said and then ignored him concentrating on my ice cream.

" It is normal for you but it might not be normal for everyone", he said and then went to throw away the trash remains.

This guy is really confusing I swear. He never says things in a straight way. He always plays around with his words.

He came back and then we ride home mostly in silence. I don't know why but something feels different between us.

A/n:

I am a master procastinator and I am really sorry for that. I am updating the story so so so late. I will really try to be consistent as much as possible. And I am planning on to put Gojo and Nanami's POV from now on. I hope you are enjoying the story and thank you for reading ~~~~~ <3333