Chapter 3

The drive to my first day of college is peaceful. I am studying at California College San Diego. It's very hot today, 104° F to be exact. I have decided to wear a plain black pencil skirt, and a reserved but (my version) of sexy, flowery pattern pink top. You can't see any cleavage of course but it curves around them pretty well. And my shoes to match my outfit are half inch black heels with a pink rose in the centre of both feet.

I arrive at campus. That was the longest 20 minutes of my life. I go to step out of my car and grab my bag full of books. When I stand, my phone falls from my lap and hits the ground. I could practically hear it smash. I pick it up praying silently that it didn't actually crack, but it did. I mentally slap myself.

It's only 8:46 and my day is already bad.

I put the smashed phone in the side of my back pack and make my way to my first class. I look down at the ground and wonder if I'll make any friends. I wasn't popular in high school, I had 2 friends. Niall, who always had a crush on me, but did nothing about it, and Ellie, we've known each other since pre school. I should really call them, I haven't seen them in 2 weeks!

My thoughts are interrupted by someone crashing into me, causing my bag to fall off of my back and hit the ground. I look up and a tall, brown curly haired boy is looking down at me, his green eyes burning into mine. He looks angry. I fall back into reality as his voice pierces through my eyes. He's yelling at me, cussing.
"What the fuck do you think your doing? Are you fucking blind? You have eyes for a fucking reason, use them". I am embarrassed, I feel my cheeks flush. I scramble to pick my bag up and I throw it over my left shoulder. This could not be more embarrassing. My eyes flicker to the 4 people behind him. There's a girl who looks perfect, model material, blonde and looks sweet enough, she offers me a smile but I feel as though I am paralysed so I don't return the kind gesture. There's also 3 other guys behind him. All of them are tall, one has black hair, a lot of tattoos and a nose piercing. The other two look sort of similar, both light brown hair, and both with tattoos, just not as much as the other one that is standing with them.

I realise I am saying nothing and just gazing at all 5 of these people, them waiting for me to reply. This could not be more embarrassing. When I finally speak, apologising 50 times is apparently all I can say.
"I am so sorry, sorry, oh my god, I'm so sorry, it won't happen again, I'm sorry." The one I hit looks like he's about to yell at me again, when he just walks straight past me, pushing my left shoulder with a force so hard it causes me to fall back. His group follows close behind him and when he is a few steps away, I turn back and they all start laughing. I think I hear one of them say "She looked like she was about to cry", and they all start laughing again.