1. Meeting People

With every tick of the clock, counting down the seconds until next period, I grew a little bit nore anxious. What made it worse was that the clock was right infront of me- all I had to do was tilt my head a bit further and...

11:55.

My eyes fluttered. Three seconds ago it was 11:40 though. I made a face, looking down at my stretched out hands again. My fingers barley grazed the desk im front of me, who was turned towards mine and was occupied by Maya.

When she noticed my fingers touching her desk, she pulls it back full-force, making me jump a little in my seat. "Please don't tough my desk," she half-whispers half-grunts.

I roll my eyes; this behaviour from her was nothing new. "Does it annoy you?"

"Yes," Maya replies simply, "just like when you continuously put her feet under my desk."

Maya had this annoying pet peeve that I loved to take advantage of. Simply putting my feet, even a near inch, under her desk she will flip. It is kind of funny.

I ponder for a moment before replying with a smirk. "Useful information, thanks."

In the center of my sentence, the bell had rung. I pushed myself up and collected my zipper binder that I carried to near every class. I stopped myself abruptly before continuing down the hall to Art, causing the dude behind me to hault.

Today was Monday, first day of health and second week of the new semester. I thought I'd try to get ahead and take high school health instead of taking a useless third semester of art. I mutter a sorry before turning around to Brandon.

He smiles a bit sheepishly before stepping to the side and walking around me. I stand there, dazed, before casually shrugging and continuing back in the direction of English, where I had just left. Health was on the opposite side of the hallway, so they were right next to eachother.

There was a crowd of tall dudes around the Health Room door. One could have been three heads over my 5'4 body. Others had facial hair and buff bodies. Oh god, what did I get myself into.

Then I see my phys ed teacher walk through the wave of students. Mr. Galigo pulls out a chain with multiple keys on it and unlocks the wooden door. He enters with the rest of us following.

I say people get to a seat immediately, where I was just standing awkwardly near the door, trying to pick out a safe seat.

The room had 5 or so tables, making a [ shape with the front of the class to the right of the bracket.

Hopefully that made some sense.

I walk hesitantly to a seat on the inside of the closest side to the door. I pull out a pencil and drop my binder on the desk. Infront of me is a blondie with faint freckles and a rather small body. He has brown eyes which makes me think, when was the last time I saw a blondie with brown eyes? Wasn't it always blue eyes blonde hair?

Da hell ever.

In the corner was three girls lined together with a dude next to one with short hair. I recognized him as Ian, a giy who shared my bus stop. Not everyone looked like the dudes I saw in the hallway. They were in the far side of the room laughing at who knows what.

In the middle was just random guys who I didn't exactly have any interest in. But whoever they were, they talked.

It seemed like this was going to be an OK class, predicting that the funny Mr. Galigo let us chill with our feel on the desks as long as we were paying attention.

Yes, I got all that from noticing the teacher simply not caring of the students.

"Who are you?"

I slide in my chair a little, turning to the owner of the high-ish boy voice. Freckle face.

"Felicity," I shrug, keeping focus on him.

"Oh... are you new?" he asks with faint interest.

I bit my lip. "To this class, yeah." I stop to decide if I should inform him that I'm also an eighth grader. I mean it could lead more to a conversation here and in my new schedual change, that's a pretty good idea. "I'm an eighth grader trying to get ahead," I add quickly, watching as his dumb-strucken face lit up to understanding.

"Oh. Cool." He doesn't say anything else and turns to his study sheet, giving me the hint that this conversation is over.

What, and 9th graders not converse with 8'r-tots?

"Hey," Mr. Galigo speaks up, stretching the word until everyone's attention was on him. "We are going to review the heart today, and basically all this weak so, notes, out."

I sat there, bored. I guess someone noticed because I then heared, "Galigo, who's she?"

Mr. Galigo seems to finally notice me sitting here. "Her name is Felicity," he informs the small group of students, motioning me over. "She'll be in this class for the semester."

I hear the dude say 'ah' or something as I got up to Mr. Galigo. I was prepared to take some notes from him or something but he doesn't give me anything. He just stood there, playing on his tablet it seems.

As I was turning to walk back, he spoke up again. "Just printed off your notes, it'll be in the high school office printer." I nod and take a step back but he continues, "Go ahead and study the heart there until lunch."

I nod again and finally turn around. I catch the eyes of a slightly pale boy in one of the middle tables.

Now two boy's attention is on me as I see a tall guy looking my way aswell.

No, two dudes an a girl's attentions.
Ok, I know I'm cute but damn, even a girl?
Boom.

Felicity Herman, everyone. She's not cocky but does have pretty high confidence. You'll learn more about her later in the book.

ALSO, sorry for switching in and out of present and past tense in my story. I kind of have a hard time with that so just remember that this is PRESENT TENSE. cx

I'll put a ? after each chapter, where you can out your questions down and I'll hopefully answer next chapter. Thanks doods.

?