[06] Unexpected

Oww.... my leg hurts like hell.

My eyes fluttered open, and I looked around at my surroundings, feeling lost and unfamiliar. Everything was completely black, except an odd string of lights on the wall across from me that glinted like evening stars on an autumn evening. Not a good reminder.

... Oh, right. This was my room in the Sangria Estate.

The emptiness of the room did not seem so terrifying anymore... rather, it was relaxing. I felt protected and detached from from the dangers so readily lurking outside... I guess everything really depended on your perspective and state of mind , then. The lights were a nice touch: a little Christmasy, but just what I had needed.

Cringing, I forced myself to sit up, swinging my legs limply over the side of the bed like a worn-out ragdoll. I had some pretty heavy-duty bandaging work on my thigh. My thigh was about three times thicker than my other one.

I picked up a small note on the bed-side table next to me.

Hey! If you're awake, come down and eat something. I'm sure you'll be starving! All the boys miss you! And of course, I do as well. ;) Hope you're feeling better! My handiwork's pretty good, I know.

The one-and-only gorgeous Leon

I giggled to myself, imagining Leon fumbling to bandage my thigh properly and scratching out the note in desperation. I guess he did have his cute moments, sometimes.

Standing up and fumbling towards the wall for support, I hobbled over to the door and down the hallway. Each floor seemed to be a square-like formation, with the hallway leading you in around in a circle every floor. It was confusing and easy to get lost, for sure. I had been rather paranoid the first time I had come up since I could not see past the corner around every bend. I was almost certain that if I peered around the corner I would probably end up running into another guard.

My stomach growled.

was hungry. But where was the kitchen, anyways? The house itself was a freaking labyrinth! I didn't even know where the stairs were!

... Well, since it's in a circle, I'm bound to find it sometime... maybe.

Retracing my path from yesterday in a circular fashion, I somehow managed to go down the stairs, and eventually, to the first level. The strong smell of bacon, ham, eggs and alcohol caught my attention.

I scrambled to get over, using a pole I had err, 'borrowed', as a walking cane. 

"The Viridian family... damnit! Never thought those b*stards would stoop that f*cking low!"

"Damnit, Linette's been asleep for three days!"

"She would've bled out soon 'cause of that damn cut on her thigh. Luckily we got you here."

"F*cking Ares brat---cutting your woman like that!"

"Gathering so many men for one girl... f*cking cowards!"

Their angry discussion echoed down the hallway. Screaming profanities this early in the morning? Clearly I wasn't at home anymore.

"Umm..." I cleared my throat awkwardly as I approached the kitchen. All the guys, sitting at either a large rectangular circular table or relaxing on a series of tattered leather couches turned around in shock as they spotted me. An extensively designed kitchen, furnished with numerous steel appliances and mountains of plates and other utensils was located behind them. A murmur of voices chattered from the television set opposite the array of couches. I hesitantly raised my hand to wave to them.