chapter 7: I really hope i'm making the right decision

My birthday was almost gone for another year, it goes so quick it’s unbelievable , it only feels like yesterday I was turning 10, now all of a sudden I’m 17, strange…

My mum had brought me a new phone, which I later found out was the real excuse for their delay...it was an Iphone 4 and I loved it, I wasn’t really into laptops and mobiles, I was more of a reading and writing person, but apparently you could do all of that on the Iphone, so bonus I guess

My parents wanted to take me out for a meal at a ‘posh’ restaurant to celebrate, so I had an excuse to dress up in the new dress john brought me, oh shit yeah, that’s what was in the package, it was absolutely stunning, I don’t know where he got it from but it was amazing, it was white which came just above my knees, it pulled in at the waist, it had one sleeve and was quite baggy, but I loved it, the size was perfect and it looked perfect on, well according to john!

‘john the cat’ was lying on my bed, just how he would before this whole situation evolved whilst I put on my makeup and did my hair, I decided to put it up in a messy bun, I didn’t really tend to put my hair up that often as I liked the feel of it around my face, I felt really bare without it, but this was an exception…

John’s POV

Excellent, I was back in this fury, uncomfortable body; again, I really hope that in a few weeks I’d be out of it for good, only forming into what I want to!

Rose looked well ravishing, she looked so pretty with her hair up, and that dress, well I saw her look at it on a website a few months ago, she was goo-ing all over it so why not get it for her, I knew she’d forget by the time it reached her birthday so everything worked out just fine…

I really had to tell her something, it was her birthday so I didn’t want to bombard her with all my problems but tomorrow I would have too, you see the curse is not broken yet, and the only way of breaking it was to fly over to America and go and find a white witch who would break it…seems reasonably simple but that wasn’t all of it, if it wanted it broken Rosie would have to play a part in it as well. She’d have to give me her hand and be mine for eternity, this was the hard part because by doing this she’d become what I am, and would live for eternity; we’d still age until we got to 30… don’t even ask why it’s 30. I reckon it’s because you’re still young but yet you’re old enough and responsible enough to get a job and lead a proper life. So I guess it wasn’t all bad… just the hard thing was to be able to get her to commit to the rest of eternity with me….

Rosie’s POV

We arrived at the restaurant, it was in the rich part of town and it was called L’Ambrosie,  it was French, I knew that because I took French as a GCSE, apparently learning another language is really handy so I decided to give it a go…

We sat down at our table and a waiter instantly came over to hand me a red rose, I guess they were informed it was my birthday, brilliant...

“Bonjour Madame, may I say you look rather ravishing tonight” said the waiter in his very charming French accent…

“Thank you” I said with a polite smile on my face, I found it so awkward when people complimented me, and I never knew what to say without going bright red!

We ordered our drinks and our starter…

“Rosie, we all need to talk about something” my dad said with a little grin on his face

“…and what may that be” I asked feeling rather suspicious of what he was going to say..

“well when we go to new York, we’ve decided if we all like it were going to move their, I’ve been offered a massive promotion, from an American who needs a personal architect, and the best thing about it is he supplies us with a luxury apartment and I get paid $15’000 a month!” he said sounding extremely excited, I looked round to my mother who also seemed rather happy.. “but of course you need to like it first, just this means we all get to live as a family again and that’s what I want more than anything”

Wow, this really was a big step, the idea sounded amazing but was I ready to take this massive step oh and of course john had to be allowed to come as well or I certainly wasn’t going…

“ I don’t know what to say, this is just so, wow, is this real” I said with a totally shocked expression over my face “john is coming to right, you know how much I love that ca….”

“sweetie of course” my mother butted in “ we knew you wouldn’t leave without him, so we asked and he said it was fine as long as he was perfectly house trained” she said laughing…

“Phew, well thank god for that then; what am I going to do about school though?”

“ don’t worry, we also have that sorted as well, seeing as Americans still go to school till their 18, you’ll be joining this fabulous high school called ‘groves high’, we’ve googled it and its got a great reputation, you’ll love it!” my mother said she tended to ramble on a lot when she was excited about something…

“okay, okay, im up for going, sounds pretty sweet if you ask me” I replied, it did sound like a good idea, we all needed a change, I just hope john wanted to be a part of this change…