chapter 3. okay well i guess you're more than just a cat?!

• Dedicated to Harry Boote

hello to everyone who reads this, please please please can you give me some feedback so i know whether anyone likes it or not?

oh and also please become a fan or vote and i'll promise i'll do it back, THANKS! :)

I couldn’t grasp what I was seeing, I couldn’t figure out if it was real or not? How can this actually  be real…you’re probably wondering what I’m going on about , but before I could even explain to myself what was going on i felt a black sheet go over my mind, I felt myself falling, collapsing even....um I think I just fainted.

I couldn’t work out how long I had been out for but I awoke to find myself in my bed with someone or something sat at the end of my it, I sat up straight away and rubbed my eyes… it was him.

It was a boy, well maybe a bit older than a boy maybe 18 or so, he back was toned, his skin was beautiful a pable marble like complexion, his hair was dark brown, messy but it looked good from the angle I was looking from. I had never seen this boy in my whole entire life, but it felt like I knew him, and from what I had witnessed before I had fainted I did know him, I knew him very well.

It was my cat john, well he wasn’t a cat anymore, before I had blacked out I remembered seeing my cat and then all of a sudden he transferred into this superbly toned guy? I mean if I wasn’t dreaming then I must have been on drugs because things like that are reality, there only In books and weird Tv programmes. 

Come on, it was my cat for Christ sake, what kind of a cat just casually turns into a human, this shit was so not real.

“Before you freak out, let me explain” said the mysterious boy who 'used' to be my cat, he didn’t turn round… I really wanted to see what he looked like, I began laughing, an image just popped into my head, of him having a human body but a cats face, “hahaha”….now was so not a laughing matter….and I abruptly stopped.  

“I don’t really know what to say to be honest, care to explain because I’m struggling to think whether this is real” I said sarcastically focusing my gaze on his back…

“oh its real life alright” and before I had a chance to come back with some witty remark he turned round, I felt my draw drop, I was kind of surprised it didn’t fall all the way to the floor..

There was no way to describe the human being (well half human being, I should say) sat in front of me other than beautiful and that was no word of exaggeration. 

I didn’t know what to say without getting all my words jumbled up, I mean Damon was gorgeous, the this guy topped Damon by a long shot…his eyes where piercing  blue , with slight hints of green which boldly stuck out against his beautifully pale skin, he had a chiselled jaw line,  and his face looked perfectly soft. His dark brown hair fell messily over his forehead just slightly. He was just my type he was beyond gorgeous like not real gorgeous; I couldn’t believe this beauty was my cat...

I started to feel myself going all light headed again, even though he confirmed it was all very real, I still found it hard to trust his words..

“Who and what are you?!” I demanded, he might have been the best looking thing I had ever laid my eyes on but I still needed answers.

“I’m john and I’m a shape shifter, you’re probably wondering what a shape shifter is, so I’ll….” I instantly cut him off too rudely but in….

“I know what you are, I have read plenty of books like that, I just don’t understand how and why?” I said in one breath

“Well basically I was born this way, I don’t know why and I don’t know how, throughout my child hood I changed into animals unexpectedly, and as I grew up I started changing into other things like exact replica’s of other humans, over the years I began to control it, until I was cursed” he said the last few words slowly showing me it was an inevitable thing that happened to him

“You were cursed?” I said in a confused tone showing him I wanted to know more….

“I was found one day at my home, I was 17 years of age at the time and enjoying life like any normal teenager, but the problem was I wasn’t exactly stereotyped as being ‘normal’, I don’t know who exactly cursed me but I remember the pain I felt, I was summoned to being a cat for eternity, I cant believe out of all the animals in the word I was changed into a cat” he laughed, showing his perfectly white set of teeth…….

“I reckon it’s because cats are relatively powerless against humans and I wouldn’t exactly have any power to find the person who did this to me” a sad look swept across his face but he took a deep pause and carried on

“The only way I could get out of it was by finding someone who could break the spell, but I had to have an emotional bond with this person and when you came to the cat’s protection home, I instantly felt a bond with you, and to my amazement you and your family took me home” he looked at me staring into my eyes, he gave me a look of gratitude and I instantly felt for him, I wouldn’t know what to do if that happened to me…

“But I don’t understand, has the spell been broken now?” I asked still feeling like I didn’t quite get the whole of the story

“Nope this is why I need your help, you’re the only person who will be able to break the spell and by doing that you need t….”

“Woah hold up, so you’re telling me I need to do something or you’ll remain a cat for the rest of eternity?!” I whined, I didn’t think anyone with such good looks could let them go to waste by living as a cat FOREVER, the word forever made me think long and hard, he’d been my cat for 8 years and I loved him like he was a member of the family, there was no way I was going to ruin this guys lift, sure, I’d help him…

“Yes pretty much, but before we talk about the next step you need to promise me you’ll help me” he pleaded but he did it in a such a god damn sexy way…WOW

“Yes of course john, you’ve been my loyal cat for years now” I laughed with a cheeky grin spread across my mouth…

He stood up and moved closer to me, showing his perfecting toned body, god he was so hot…he sat right next to me and left his lips near my ear to whisper…

“Thank you” he murmured, voice going all husky, he sounded so sexy but I had to resist I basically had a boyfriend, well I nearly did till I go rudely disturbed…

Before I could reply johns hand reached for my face and began stoking my cheek, I knew I shouldn’t have let him but I couldn’t move, his hand move slowly down my face, his hand firmly grabbed the back of my neck where he gently caressed, it felt good but so devious, I was about to move his hand but I was too late, his lips came at me, he kissed me gently at first but moved in deeper, he parted my lips with his tongue and let himself inside, I felt like I had no self control and I let the kiss go on, until I remember the last few days and pulled away from him hastily...

I stared at him hard, burning holes in his beautiful face…

“What the f*ck John?! “ I roared “I just remembered the last couple of days, you hissing at me and completely ignoring me, now you think you’re going to win me over by kissing me? I don’t think so pal, you’ll have to do better than that!” I said angrily, I couldn’t believe that had slipped my mind, urgh it was his annoyingly good looks distracting me…

He laughed and then began talking

“woah calm down Rosie, I don’t think you understand, when I talk about the bond I made with you, it’s not like a friendship bond you know, I had to sit there and listen to you talking about that guy you’re dating, it made me feel like utter shit because I couldn’t tell you how I felt, so pipe down girl!”  He said the last words with a hint of sarcasm, which made that whole paragraph, seem sexy when really it was a serious matter…

I honestly didn’t think it about that way, I felt a sudden lash of guilt whip through my body, I knew I was going to have to let one guy down, after spending the last few weeks with Damon I had real strong feeling for him he was a perfect gentleman and I truly did like him, but somehow even though I’d only met john’s proper form a few hours ago I felt myself kind of falling deeply for him already, I don’t know whether it was his freakishly good looks or it was because id spent the past 8 years with him but just without realising it…

“oh” was all I could push through my lips, for once in my life I was in a situation where I genuinely didn’t know what to do, I didn’t know whether the best option was to go with my heart, or with my head?