~chapter 11~

-4 months later-

Katniss POV.

As normal I wouldve woken up got dressed headed downstairs for breakfast.
But today something diffrent happened.
A wet goo feel down my leg and I instantly knew what was happening.

"Peeta" I shake peeta and he wakes up instantly.
I blink my eyes hard just to get used to the dark.
"The baby's are coming." He pulls me up and I can already tell hes grinning.
Hes always wanted kids he begged me loads of times after we got married.

He carries me to the car and I can feel a contraction hitting.
I let out a scream and peeta texts the Groupchat that we have with the other Victor's plus effie and kiah.

(A/N: this is the texts from the gc)
Peeta: katniss is going into labour guys meet us at the hospital.

Finnick: SHES GOING INTO LABOUR WELL BE RIGHT THEIR

Finnick: ALSO HOW DO YOU TURN OFF CAPS LOCK

Haymitch: my little sweethearts are being born me and effie will be right their!

Jhoanna: me and kiah will be their brainless's husband🙄

Annie: finnick jordon and I will be their.

I let out another scream and peeta puts down his phone and starts driving.
"We are not having another set of these kids peeta I am in a lot of fucking pain ARGH" I scream
Peeta keeps driving.
After just 5 minutes we arrive at the hospital and peeta picks me up and runs into the hospital.
"Katniss mellark...shes going into labour" peeta tells a nurse the nurse runs into a room and peeta sets me down.
I scream.
Peeta rubs my back and waits for manu and Dr. Aurelius to get their.
I hear voices in the waiting room and they immediately catch my attention.
"I cant wait for the baby's to get here" I realise who it is the miss effie trinket
I scream again and in comes manu and behind her Dr. Aurelius.

"Okay katniss were going to check how many centimeters you have dilated" I nod not knowing what they mean.
My face tightens and I squirm in the bed.
"Were going to need another Nurse." Dr. Aurelius whispers.
A nurse comes in a few minutes later.
"My name is Nurse Moxie" a girl with  light blonde hair and light blue eyes with freckles all around her face she looks alot like cato.
"Mrs. Mellark you have dilated 10 centimeters when you have the next contraction you need to start pushing.
I feel the next contraction and I grip peetas hand.
I scream as loud as I can that I think all of panem heard.

---------

-3 hours Later-

As I hold my daughter and son in my arms I cant help but cry. It was all worth it this was the 2nd best day of my life (the first ovbiously marrying peeta).

"Mr. and Mrs. Mellark what are their names?"

"The girl is Willow Rue Danica Mellark" I say.

"The boy is Rye Castor Ren Mellark" peeta says.
Peeta smiles down at me and I hand rye over to him.
Rye has more of peetas features with his blonde hair but it's not until he opens his eyes that I see its my light grey eyes.

Willow has my hair dark brown and when she opens her eyes it's the same eyes that I see everyday. Peetas.

I smile down at my children and not long after the whole group comes rushing in.
"Why hello guys!" I say to them they all smile finnick is holding annie protectively because theirs alot of doctors around effie starts squealing and asking if she could hold willow.
"So what their names?" Haymitch asks.

"This one is willow rue Danica mellark" I say pointing to willow.

"And this one is Rye Castor ren mellark" i say pointing to rye.
I see jhoanna crying and I see peeta take a picture.
"Now this is what you call blackmail i will be holding you against this" peeta says laughing at jhoanna.
"I could put an axe in your face if I wanted to you know" kiah sends a glare to jhoanna and peeta instantly looks down.
Jhoanna continues to cry, effie is still squealing, haymitch is talking to the doctors about i dont really know I think hes drunk, finnick and annie are holding willow and rye and playing some sort of game with them.

"I'm sorry but visiting hours are up" moxie says finnick and annie hand over willow and rye and everyone says goodbye.
Moxie is just about to head the door when I ask her question.
"Hey um moxie?" She looks over to me smiling.
"What's up?" She asks
"Um sorry this might be a weird question to ask but by any chance are you related to cato Hadley by any chance?" She looks down at her feet.

"Cato was my brother." She instantly walks out and I feel bad now.
Peeta senses that too because he runs my back.
"I killed her brother."
"Its okay katniss you had too."
I nod.
"How are we going to tell them" I say quietly.
"Probblly they'll find out when their older and we can teach them in a way too understand that will make them stronger and plus we have the book.
"Okay.."
"Its going to be okay, okay?" Peeta says I cant help to feel still worried I dont want my kids to think were some sort of monsters for killing people.
Even though we were forced to do it.
And I'm hoping all the people that died are watching above us.
Rue
Prim
My father
Boggs
Wiress
And many more are proud of us becoming of what we've become, I'm hoping prim and rue are freinds in heaven and they hang out and bond that's what I wanted for them even though I knew that was never going to happen I'm hoping now they are.
I'm hoping my father and prim are having a great time up their as well. Im hoping boggs is hanging out with all the crew and talking about life.
Let's hope wiress is waiting for beete to come up their let's hope shes watching over him.
I even hope gale is doing whatever the hell he wants I'm just hoping he isnt with prim.
A single tear runs down my face holding willow.
I'm happy here.

______________________________________

A/N:
who's cutting onions because I was no joke bawling my eyes out when I was writing the last part.
THIS TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE SO SORRY.
but I hope you all liked this chapter!
By the way I will be updating again today (I think) just because ik yall love this story hehehehe BECAUSE 91 READS WHATTTTTT AAAAAA TY MY LOVLEYS AAAAA
And as I always say

Dont forget to comment and vote!✨

-Theo<3