3 - i'm falling

The three of you sat in the booth, talking, and waiting for your ice cream to arrive.

Madison seemed to take a liking to Charli, and the same could be said the other way around.

Both girls thought the other was sweet and fun to be around, and the conversation was natural.

Madison was sitting on one side, and the two of you sat in front of her, together.

Your hands still conjoined from earlier since each of you got comfortable holding the other's hand, and there was no need to let go.

Charli mindlessly brushed her thumb across the skin of your hand as she was talking, your connected hands in her lap, resting on her thigh.

You liked the little gesture, it comforted you, keeping a wide smile stained across your face.

"No because think about it, the fact that you chose to wear this shirt in the morning, created an alternate reality where you chose a different one. Any little choice you make creates a different reality where you did something else, meaning that are endless possibilities." Charli explained, as you and Madison were hooked to the conversation.

"So, does that mean that for basically anything you can think of, there's a reality where that happened?" Madison asked.

"Yeah, totally. Anything." Charli nodded.

"So, there's probably a reality out there where you two are dating or something." Madison said, and you gave her a look before turning to look at Charli to see her reaction.

"I mean, probably. It isn't that different from our reality, so that could be a thing. It probably is." Charli said, turning to look at you and smiling.

You returned the smile as Madison once again internally celebrated the success of her move.

See, the entire time Madison was doing or saying little things to check how you two reacted. Everything she did so far went smoothly and like she thought it would, all according to her plan.

She knew that you can often be oblivious to things, so she checked if Charli might possibly feel the same way.

Her plan was to see enough evidence to form a final opinion, and then give you her advice to you later. Pushing you towards the right way.

You looked at the girls that sat in the booth with you and felt your heart skip a beat over how well they're getting along.

You knew that they would like each other, but deep down still thought that something might happen and screw everything up.

But that worry is way gone now, they have already gotten close, and you can sense that both of them are comfortable around the other.

"Madison?" A man behind the counter called for our order.

"Yes, that's me." She said as she was getting up.

"Don't do anything while I'm gone." She winked and left.

Both Charli and you turned to look at the other, smiling at Madison's teasing nature.

"You heard her y/n, don't do anything stupid." Charli said and laid her head in your lap, looking up at you.

This was the first time she has ever done anything like this. In fact, this was the first time that anyone, except for Madison, has ever been this close to you.

She started playing with your hand she was holding, and you could feel your heart almost jumping out of your chest.

"Y/n..." Charli called.