Chapter 29

HEEEEY GUYS. I HOPE YOU CAN FORGIVE ME. ): BUT AFTER THIS, THERE IS ONE MORE CHAPTER AND AN EPILOGUE. SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I KNOW, IT TOOK SUPER LONG TO UPDATE. By the way, this chapter isn’t edited.

AGAIN, PLEASE FORGIVE ME. ):

Xo, zabelle06

---

“You see, Danny,” Warren sneered, taking small steps toward me. Almost as if saying my name was like a burn to his tongue, he spat it out. My hands trembled as he walked closer until he was mere feet away from me. However, it wasn’t from being scared of him, it was from the shock of the realization that he played a part in all this mayhem. “You should be really careful with who you trust. So, take this as a learning experience.”

I felt bile rise in my throat as I glared at him. I could feel my eyes glowing, indicating the first signs that my wolf wanted to come out. My skin began to ripple, the familiar white fur sprouting out in patches on my arms. My gums began to itch as my canines appeared and retracted repeatedly. My fingers began to curl as my nails turned sharp. I heard the low growl of my wolf, wanting to come out. However, I held my wolf in, telling her soothing words inwardly.

My father and Warren just chuckled, sending chills up my spine at how sinister it sounded. “Well, would you look at that? She can barely control herself,” My dad snickered.

“I thought Healers were strong, huh, Danny?” Warren said, almost angrily. He obviously hated my kind – the ones who were able to heal and only wanted to help the werewolves.

“She’ll be stronger than you’ll ever be,” I heard my mom defend. She struggled in her chains, trying to break them loose. She gritted her teeth as wolfs bane burned her flesh.

“Shut up, you weak imbecile!” My father shouted, coming up close to her and slapping her hard across the face. My mother growled, baring her canines.

My heart dropped and clenched as a few tears escaped my eyes. I was too shocked to react. This couldn’t have been the same father who tucked me in at night and kissed my forehead. The same father who taught Darren how to play baseball. The same father who would kiss his wife and murmur words of affection to her as he came home.

“You touch her again and I swear I will slap you harder than you ever slapped her,” I threatened, wiping my tears away angrily.

“Ouch, your words hurt me,” He said sarcastically. “Is that anyway to speak to your dad?”

“You are no father of mine, understand?” I said, pointing a finger at his chest and feeling my wolf wanting to come out again. For a split second, I saw the hurt flash in his green eyes. However, I let it slide. He deserved it after all the crap he put me through. “What kind of father puts his daughter in danger? What kind of father kicks his daughter because he found some tramp? What kind of father teaches his son the proper way to treat a woman when he can’t even do it himself? You’re not a bastard.”

I made my way in front of my mom, standing in front of her protectively. “A lady?” My father snorted. “She’s an animal and because of her, my kids are too.”

I bared my teeth, already fed up. I took a fighting stance, trying to ignore the constant growl of my wolf wanting to jump out of the tight skin encasing her. That’s when my father flinched back a little, and Warren took his place protectively.

Now, it was my turn to chuckle. “Oh, I forgot, he’s human. Weak and powerless,” I said confidently. “So, tell me, George. Why come here as an easy target? Wouldn’t you think I would come for you right now?”

“You wouldn’t dare touch a single hair on my head, Daniella,” my father’s voice never quavered. “That’s just in your nature and if you did dare to, Warren will not hesitate to kill you. Is that right, son?” He patted Warren’s shoulder fatherly as Warren nodded.