𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒘𝒐

[Mentions of not eating and blood. There is a slight instance of self harm in a different way, but it would still be considered self harm because it is pain to one's self]

BEDHEAD

"nothing short of perfect"

     HE WROTE STORIES OF HER WITH A SINGLE HAND HOLD. He could tell tales of her livelihood with a single laugh.

Percy had woken up from a dreamless sleep. He didn't know how long he'd been out, but he was comfortable in his bunk. The room was similar to everyone else, but it was personalized to his liking.

Ariadne had kept a porthole open to allow the salty smell inside, which made him feel at home. There were a few framed pictures of their friends, as well as the Minotaur horn on his wall, glistening like it always had in cabin three. His eyes were mostly fixated on the constellations spread across his ceiling. They connected by their dots, shining as if they were visible even through the woods, like he could reach and pluck one from the dark night.

A soft breath drew his attention toward his shoulder. There, Ariadne laid asleep, her eyes shut tightly while she frowned. She must've been having a distressing dream.

Percy brushed his hand along her arm, his fingers grazing her skin lightly. They connected the freckles like constellations. She was warm in his arms. He felt compelled to not move, to watch her sleep while whispering words he truly meant that she couldn't hear, to confess all his feelings before he set them straight. His lips pressed a form kiss to her forehead, a mouthful of strawberry shampoo.

This was where he wanted to be. His heart fluttered while she shuffled around. Her back faced the door, shielding him from whatever walked over the threshold. Ariadne looked beautiful in his arms—she always did. Percy wondered how he had gotten so lucky.

It was no secret how they despised one another in the beginning. Eventually, they found a mutual understanding, which a friendship blossomed from its roots, which consisted of danger and excitement. Confused on the way he felt for her was a stressful time for him. Without those quests and only seeing her a few times a day, he was left to debate what he was experiencing; either sickness, or something more. Percy couldn't except the fact that someone would even like him. Gabe always said he was worthless, that no one would bother with him, which he believed to be true.

Ariadne made him feel like the most important person in the world.

Percy could go back in time at the significant memories of them. Now, knowing where he ended up with her, he could scold his younger self for never realizing sooner that he liked the brunette. It would've made everything so much easier—but their life wasn't easy. He understood why she was hesitant, knowing that things can't last forever, people always leave in the end. That was why he promised to be her stepping stone, her rock, the object she could hold onto when the storm grew rough inside of her.