𝑻𝒆𝒏

I 010

I 010. I

𝑮𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑮𝒐𝒓𝒆

❝ falling ❞

THEY WERE ALL MADE OF THE SAME COSMIC DUST. In her mind, that is. Somehow the gods were able to weave together a collection of constellations and their ashes, creating an imperfect symphony of disaster and mishaps.

Ariadne wasn't at ease until the glow of Quebec City faded behind them. Some part of her expected Khione to blow them off course with a sudden snow storm.

She was lost in her own thoughts. Night blinked around her, and it seemed odd to be flying in the sky on a quest with a new group. She quite missed her old one.

The thought of their first quest brought a small smile to her face. Grover being a nervous wreck the entire time. Annabeth almost making their heads explode with the amount of facts she knew of the Gateway Arch, the terrible love ride where mechanical spiders attacked her and Percy.

It seemed so long ago, when in reality it had only been four years. Her heart yearned to go back and cherish it again. Because some how, even those quests were a lot simpler than this one.

Ariadne nibbled on the sandwich Leo had passed her from his pack. He'd been so quiet ever since they told him what happened in the throne room. Of course, she didn't exactly listen to the conversation the three had, stuck in reminiscing all the dangerous times with her friends as a kid.

Up above, the moon rose and stars turned overhead. She noticed the different constellations—Hercules, Apollo's lyre, Sagittarius the centaur, they were all there.

"That one's my favorite," she remarked out loud. It wasn't her intention too, but it happened.

Jason looked up, his blue eyes twinkling with small dogs in his eyes. "Which one?"

Piper and Leo followed. They eyes the constellations across the blank slate. All tried to find her favorite, and Piper thought she had.

"The crown." Piper pointed up, one on the far north. "Ariadne's crown."

Leo gawked. "You had a crown?"

Ariadne chuckled. "Not exactly, Batman. It was my stepmom's. She doesn't really like it, actually. I've heard that rant one too many times."

"Wait, you've met her?" Jason questioned.

"Well, yeah," Ariadne said, as if it was obvious. "She's my stepmom. I loved with her in Miami for a few years, we even have an apartment in New York."

The trio had mixed expressions of shock and curiosity. But Ariadne focused overhead, her amethyst eyes glistening with bright lights, as if her eyes were made to reflect the various constellations in the sky.