Chapter X

———————-
———————-
———————

---"We have to do something

-
-
-
"We have to do something." 

Irene sat with Jisoo and Jungkook at a table in the outside cafeteria. They had been the first ones to the table which was unusual because Jennie was usually always the first one to the lunch table. Irene was going to take complete advantage of the opportunity though. Jungkook simply sighed as Jisoo shook her head, she had only been filled in by Irene over the weekend and she wanted no parts of the mess that was going on between Lisa and Jennie. 

"Believe me I've been trying." Jungkook said with a shake of his head as he glanced around the open area as it began to fill with other students. "But Lisa doesn't want anything to do with Jennie right now. Which is understandable." He said as he brought his drink to his lips. "I really think we should give them some space." 

"I don't think we have time for that." Irene said with a small laugh. "Jennie has completely lost her marbles. I noticed it Saturday when she spent the night, She's totally in a darker place right now and this morning she showed me that she wants to take Lisa down with her." she said before she shivered at the look that had been on Jennie's face. 

"Well what can we do?" Jisoo asked.

"I don't know. I guess we can show them what it was like when they were just friends. We could all hang out together and just have fun like we use too." She said with a nod of her head and looked to the two of her friends for approval but Jungkook was shaking his head in disagreement while Jisoo looked unsure. 

"We can't force them to be friends. Someone just needs to sit Jennie down and talk to her." He said with a shrug of his shoulders.  "And who better to do that than Lisa?" she shot back and Jungkook sighed while running his fingers through his hair. 

"I just think-" 

"Hey guys!" Jennie greeted as she sat down next to Jisoo. The three immediately grew silent as she shifted in her seat, smiling to herself as she peeled her banana, completely oblivious to the fact that they had been talking about her. 

"Hey Jen, how's it going?" Irene smiled as she turned her attention to her food for the first time since sitting down. 

"I got a D on my science test." She pouted slightly with a small shrug of her shoulder. "My parents are gonna be mad at me again." She said and Irene reached over to pat her hand on the table. 

"Hey, no worries. I'll go over some of the material with you and you can retake it." She said and Jennie immediately perked back up. "Thanks, unnie" She thanked her before Kai was sitting down next to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. She smiled over to him and he returned it before he turned towards the others and pulled them into a conversation. Irene watched as she turned her attention back to her food until Lisa slid into the seat next to Jungkook. The entire table took notice of her foul mood though she hadn't spoken a word.