"Happy Birthday, Hunnie"

Age 5

"Happy Birthday, Hunnie!" little Jongin exclaims running towards his best friend, Sehun. Today is the beautiful pale boy's birthday. Sehun smiles brightly hearing Jongin's voice.

He runs to Jongin, meeting each other halfway. They hug each other, the birthday boy wraps his chubby arms around little Jongin's neck while the elder boy's arms hug around the latter waist.

"Hunnie,  I got you a present." Jongin bounces with excitement. He chose the present himself like the big boy he is. Sehun hangs his head shyly hesitating to do something.

Little Sehun stands on his tippy toes and pecks on Jongin's cheek softly. "Thank you, NiNi," he says softly. Jongin freezes for a minute, Hunnie just kissed him!  

Jongin feels so happy that his little heart is going to jump out. He gives the wrapped present to Sehun who hugs it tightly to his chest. They hold hands while walking back to where the birthday cake is.

Their parents coo at how adorable they are. 

Little Sehun unwraps the present Jongin gave him first, it's a lego set Sehun has been talking about since he saw it the last time he went to the mall with his mom. 

"Thank you so much, NiNi!" he thanks the elder boy who is looking at him with adoring eyes. "Anything for my Hunnie" he replies earning 'aww's from elders.

-//-

Age 10

Sehun chews on his lower lips sitting on the grass in the school garden because Jongin told him to wait for him there after school. He's still in his school uniform on his birthday evening.

He's turning 10 which a milestone, his mom said. Jongin also promised him to make his 10th birthday special. He looks up when he hears footsteps approaching him. 

"Hi" Jongin greets with his charming smile. His hands are behind his back hiding the present from the birthday boy.

Sehun blushes "Hey"

He reveals his right hand, a red rose bouquet. "I asked mom to drop this for me, that's why I'm late a little." Sehun accepts the bouquet and brings it to his nose, inhaling the heavenly scent.

"Happy Birthday, Hunnie." the elder boy says with his usual adoring eyes. Sehun smiles and presses a peck on Jongin's cheek as usual. "Thank you, NiNi bear" he mutters.

For 5 years, Jongin's breath always stops for a moment whenever Sehun kisses his cheeks like this. As if Sehun was the one who is giving the present. 

"There's another present." Jongin announces handing the birthday boy the scrapbook he made with their photos throughout the year, "You're incredible, NiNi. I love it so much" Sehun squeals after scanning the scrapbook briefly.

He could tell that Jongin made the scrapbook because of the messy handwriting around their pictures together. "I made this by myself but dad helped a little," he explains sitting beside his younger boy.

"What's your wish for this birthday, Hunnie?" he questions staring at Sehun's beautiful features. "To be with you forever" Sehun answers staring back at Jongin. Even though both of them don't know the feelings they share but they know it's love since they were 5.

"You will get what you wish for. Remember? Anything for my Hunnie" 

"You're so cheesy." 

"Says the one who keeps sniffing the roses I gave"

-//-

Age 16

Jongin is not sure when he started having these kinds of feelings but ever since he turned 14 he started having thoughts about Sehun which best friends shouldn't think about.