Chapter Sixteen

"Troye?" I asked in confusion, wondering where the nurses pushed him too.

I stood in the doorway looking at the empty room. Hoping for a response that  never came. 

A doctor hurried past the doorway and I stop him before he could get to far from me.

"Um, excuse me?" I ask.

"Yes?" He answers.

"Do you know where the kid who was here is?"

"He was pushed into room 307 for some ex-rays I think."

"Okay."

Ex-rays, really? He's in a coma and he's getting ex-rays? Sometimes I just do not understand doctors.

I slowly walked down the hallway to room 307 avoiding walking into stretchers and wheelchairs.

Turns out, people weren't allowed in room 307 unless their doctors or the person getting ex-rayed. That's sort of convenient in a way.

Their were no windows on the door like on Troyes hospital room door. Theirs a sign above it that says "Keep doors shut at all time". And lucky for me, there was a waiting seat next to the door. Without hesitation, I sat in it, and waited.

I'm honestly really bad at being patient and waiting for things unless I'm doing something to keep it off my mind. So with that, I'm called my friend Connor Franta.

It rang once and Connor picked up.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Hey Connor," I replied.

"Oh, hey Kat, what's up?"

"Nothing much, I'm in a hospital."

"WHAT?! Are you alright?"

"Yea, I'm fine."

"Then why are you in a hospital?"

"I'm visiting my boyfriend Connor. Keep up."

"Right, tell him I said 'hi'."

"Okay, so what have you been up to lately?"

"Not much, I'm actually at the mall right now, and it looks to me like Emma and Trevor are here also."

"Oh yea, Emma said they went to the mall, she didn't mention  she was going again though."

"Right. Oh my God, they see me, their waving, and now they're walking over to where I'm standing."

"Looks like someone's going to actually talk to people for once,"

"Hey, I talk to people, I'm talking to you right now!"

"Through a phone. This is going to be you talking face to face with someone, have fun!"

"No don't leave me!"

And with that, I hung up and texted him the "😝" emoji in honor of my greatness.

Turns out, I've been talking with Connor for a few minutes now.

I didn't want to wait any longer to see Troye again, so I did what I usually do, knock on the door twice and walk in without a response.

It was a little dark in the room, but their was a bright light that lit up a table.

And on that table was a person who had a blue hospital sheet spread over them.

I looked at the doctor curiously and all she had to say were three words, that brought me to tears.

"I'm so sorry."