Chapter 1

TW: blood, gore, biting

The smell of blood filled his nose, excluding all the other scents. He turned his head inhumanly fast, trying to spot the source while squeezing his eyes. The moon lighted parts of the street he was currently searching on, highlighting all the uneven places. He smiled lightly when he saw a shadow passing by on the other side. With every step towards the human being, he discovered more of them.

After moving across half the street he figured out it was a young woman, probably around thirty years old. He tilted his head in amusement, humans were very interesting to watch. Especially the fact you could influence their next movements or thoughts so easily.

He stopped focusing on keeping the sound of his footsteps as quiet as possible and instead making them just loud enough for the woman to hear. When her ears picked up the noises her heartbeat instantly fastened. He smirked at the hold he had on his prey. Swiftly he speeded across the alley the human was now making her way through fastly. Every inch closer made his crave for her blood larger. He licked his lips at the thought of draining her body from every single drop of blood she possessed.

His fangs pushed into his lower lip annoyingly. He attempted to find a better spot for them but this only led to putting them in an even more irritating position. He groaned, waiting for the human to finally go to the place he was leading her to. He always hated this part of his hunts; the not so perfectly timed moments for his fangs to pop out. He ignored the discomfort and smiled at the woman walking right into his trap. He lived in this city for over 200 years so he knew every place to hide, all the dead-end alleys, every corner to peek around. 

His eyes tracked the predicted path the human took and his feet neared her with caution. When the woman saw a glimpse of him she started muttering random words out of fear. Normal people couldn't hear such quiet sounds, but his hearing was stronger since he wasn't human. It was always something that made him feel dominant, to know he was the superior one. Humans were just toys for their specie to play with, and he didn't understand others trying to keep their world from the humans. It was not like they could stop them from feeding on their blood. Other vampires were not like him, they were way more careful when drinking blood from people. They made sure to not hurt them and to keep them alive. He, on the other hand, was bored after doing that for over 800 years so he decided to make it a game. After living long enough, certain things get boring and you end up doing nothing every single day, in and out. And he wasn't planning on doing that eternally. 

His cold hand grabbed the woman's warm one, turning her around to see her terror-filled features. Her almost white hair was total chaos, sticking out on all the sides. She was breathing heavily from running across the streets, her mouth slightly open to get enough oxygen. It had to be such a pain in the ass to run out of breath within minutes, he was glad he didn't need air to stay alive, only blood. Even though needing blood to survive isn't ideal, it's always better than all the things humans need to do. Drinking, eating, breathing-, he couldn't imagine how exhausting that had to be. The woman's mouth was opening further, signaling him she was going to scream. Before she let out a single sound he had his hand placed on her mouth, standing behind her. With his free hand he removed a loose string of hair from covering her ear. He brought his mouth close to it, nearly touching the skin.

'Don't be afraid, you're going to be okay.'

False hope. It was fascinating to hear her racing heartbeat drop and her breathing slowing. Deep inside she must know she isn't going to be fine at all, that she's going to be dead soon, but his words manage to keep her from panicking. Every time his specie tells a human something, they believe it without questioning. For example, if he would tell her this was all a dream she would close her eyes in an attempt to wake up. It was that simple to affect her body and brain. His fangs follow a vein filled with blood on her neck, finding the best spot to suck it all out. Every inch his fangs crossed leaves a small stripe of blood, not deep enough to lose too much of the fluid. A drop reaches his tongue, worsening his immense hunger. He inhales sharply, even though he doesn't need to, but it helps him contain himself for a bit longer.