Concussions & Kings

Holy shit, I fell out of the unordinary fandom a little while after I started writing this fic, I practically abandoned it, but when I saw that people were still commenting on it I came back to check on it and wow, just wow that's a lot of views. I can't say if I'll ever continue uploading after this chapter but hey! You never know!

——————-

Arlo took a deep breath, in and out. It was fine, this was fine.

"What do you mean, there was nothing."

Isen squeaked, backing away slowly.

"I mean t-there was nothing man, no resume or anything! Honest!" Isen's e e frantically darted, trying to keep Arlo in sight even as the blond man didn't move an inch.

Arlo pushed a hand onto his face, trying to keep himself in check. "Yes I heard that, but why is there no resume?"

"I-I would tell you if I knew! But there's nothing! No resume, no registration, not even any background check information!"

"Is that even legal?" Blyke raised an eyebrow from the desk in the corner of the room, where he was so importantly looking at a pen, unable to help Isen in the slightest.

Arlo raised his head in the air, pitching at the bridge of his nose.

"Well find it. I'm sure that's in your skill set somewhere" without waiting for an answer, Arlo whipped around, walking out the door and slamming it shut behind him.

His fists clenched, twisting his eyes shut as he tried to control his annoyance.

A simple thing, a simple thing that Isen couldn't even do. How difficult could it possibly be to get every little bit of background information a person had to offer?

If he wanted something thing? Well, he would just have to do it himself.

The moment the door slammed shut, Isen let out a sigh of relief, sliding to the floor and collapsing into a heap.

"..." Blyke leaned over the table, raising an eyebrow down at Isen. "You good there, or....?"

Isen narrowed his eyes, pulling off a shoe and throwing it at Blyke's head. "Thanks for the help back there!" He grumbled, turning over.

"Hey- hey!" Throwing the shoe back at him, Blyke got up from the chair, going over to stand over his friend.

"Well, what was I supposed to do? He's Arlo, the King? You think I could do anything to help?"

"You're the Jack aren't you?! You should be able to do something, shouldn't you?"

"You overestimate my power" falling, Blyke sat down beside Isen. "Well? What are you going to do?"

"I don't know!" Throwing his hands in the air, Isen got up, brushing himself out. "But I have to figure something out, don't I?"

Blyke nodded solemnly. "Well, good luck with that- hey!"

Isen grappled at Blyke's arm, pulling him towards the door. "Oh no! You're gonna help me. You're not getting out of this! You're going to help me."

"And how am I supposed to do that?" Yanking his arm out of Isen's grip, Blyke rubbed at his arm, a look of hurt on his face as he mumbled.

"Well, I'm not going to go alone to find some rando nurse dudes resume. Come on, let's go find Remi."

"I don't have a choice in this, do I?" Blyke sighed, not waiting for an answer as he walked out the door past Isen, who grinned after him.