Episode 2: The Rangers' Guild

EPISODE 2: THE RANGERS' GUILD

Reis, Kyla, Shin and Master Jin had journeyed throughout the night and had finally made it to the Rangers' Guild. They descended at the gate leading into the Township.

"Master Jin! Kyla! Shin! You're back already? Where are the others? What happened?!" the sentries asked excitedly.

Kyla and Shin looked sad. They remained silent.

"I need to speak to the Dragonlord and the council, are they waiting for me?" Master Jin asked.

"The Dragonlord foresaw your return. He informed us to tell you to go home and rest and deliver your report tomorrow. He said he wanted you all, including the stranger you would be bringing in his presence tomorrow with all the Dragon Rangers" one sentry informed Master Jin.

"The Dragonlord is very considerate, we seek his wisdom to find light" Master Jin said.

"We seek his wisdom to find light" the others responded.

Reis simply watched them.

"Kyla, Shin, Reis, you heard them. Let's go home and rest" Master Jin said as he led them through the Township.

The Rangers' Guild was a well-developed Township with lots of tall stone buildings. It was quite a busy place bustling with people, all of whom were Dragon Rangers in one way or another. There was uniformity to some extent but the more privileged class of Dragon Rangers lived in mansions. One of which was the Ayenhayze residence, home to Master Jin, Kyla and Shin.

"This is where we live" Kyla informed Reis.

"And this is where you'll be living from now on" Master Jin said.

"Really?! It's such a big place! How many people live here?" Reis asked.

"Just us" Kyla said.

"I can tell it's going to be fun!" Reis laughed.

"It's mostly going to be studies for you" Master Jin said.

"Studies?" Reis asked in surprise.

"You need to catch up to Kyla and Shin as soon as possible so you will be entering The Academy Of Drakes" Master Jin said.

"School? That's great! I've always wondered how it would be like to be in school" Reis said excitedly.

"Let me explain how this works. In the Guild, we have a hierarchy of five classes. I'll start from the bottom. First from the bottom is the Drake, dragon pupils who learn about dragons. Once you pass the Dräkan Tournament and acquire a dragon partner, you advance to the next class which is Dragon Student, that's the class Shin and I belong to. After years of experience, you move on to Dragon Master, that's Master Jin's class. They oversee Dragon Students during field missions. Next in line is the Dragon Knight. At this level, you begin your own journey to conquer evil. And finally at the top is the Dragonlord, leader of the guild, supreme guardian of the dragons and..." Kyla was explaining when Shin interrupted her.

"A royal pain to be around" he complained.

"Shin! Show some respect!" Master Jin scolded.

"Seriously, all the guy ever does is to give orders. Naturally, we receive our missions from him" Shin complained some more.

Reis laughed. That means, you guys are one class ahead of me. You guys better watch out or I'll soon overtake you" Reis challenged.

"I'd like to see you try" Kyla accepted the challenge.

"Do whatever you want, I don't really care" Shin said.

"Shin really hates school" Kyla explained.