Chapter 2

It was the morning after Tsunade and Shizune's arrival in whirlpool and the rain still hadn't stopped.

The two women were currently talking about the sleeping child curled up on Tsunade's lap.

"Yes, I've already told you, I'm sure. I don't know how it is possible, but he's the healthiest child his age I've ever seen.

It's nothing short of a miracle, The legendary medic said irritably.''

"As for his eyes I'm not sure, but even if it is a doujutsu it hasn't awoken yet."

There was a pause before Shizune decided to ask her mentor hesitantly "What do we do now? We can't leave him here like nothing happened, Besides he's such a sweet little child..."

She trailed off looking at the blond sannin who stared back at her for a minute, then with a sigh she looked down at the young boy.

"Fine. We'll take him with us, for now."

She said the last two words glaring at a grinning Shizune, who left to get back the now dried clothes the child was wearing when they found him.

It didn't matter what she said, she had seen the look in her sensei's eyes, it was clear she already cared for the little boy.

Tsunade grumbled something about 'stupid students with an all-knowing attitude'.

Her rant however was cut short when she felt the child in her lap stir and let out a yawn.

She watched him looking around a little disoriented before he looked up at her and grinned.

She smiled back and ruffled his hair, which caused him to push his head against her hand.

"I think it's time for breakfast, what do you say? Are you hungry?"

The child nodded and made to go, when Tsunade restrained him.

He looked back at her tilting his head to the side, in what she started to identify as a habit of his, while she herself raised an eyebrow at him.

"You didn't think to go to have breakfast naked, did you?"

He stared at her with a confused expression, like he wasn't able to understand the problem.

Tsunade pinched the bridge of her nose 'What have I got myself into'.

Luckily Shizune choose that moment to come back with his clothes.

Then again, watching her help the little boy get dressed, Tsunade found herself wondering just how the hell he was wearing them in the first place, since it was clear he had no idea how to put them on.

Some minutes later the three of them sat down at a table for the most important meal of the day.

While Shizune took a slice of bread and began to spread something on it, Tsunade was trying to keep busy their little fellow.

It's not like he was loud, on the contrary he was awfully quiet, but he definitely had a gift to grab things; she still had to come to terms with the fact that even now he somehow had that sponge in his hands.

Really, what's the point in training ninja for years, when the first child you come across is able to steal anything from just under your nose? Sighing Tsunade rummaged in her bag until she found something that could help her.

It was a book her old teammate Jiraiya gave her not too long ago, the only not-perverted one he had wrote so far; though, if he had said that before he actually gave her it, he would have avoided a rather painful beating.

She remembered he was boasting about that Minato kid having become the fourth Hokage and how he liked this book.

It felt kind of strange thinking about Jiraiya's student as the new Hokage who took their sensei's title, even if he was seen like a living legend.