16| Under the Mistletoe

The next morning had dawned too quickly

I awoke with a very much fine head, but what really jolted me from my sleep was the slight pain of my feet.

"Morning." I heard a whisper.

I turned around, Monica was already awake, sitting on her bed, looking stressed and tired. She scratched her messy hair, and stood making her way to sit down on my bed.

"So, Luke's your date, then? Is that final?" I groaned.

Monica collapsed down to the floor as she lay flat on her back, staring intently up the ceiling of the room in silence.
"Well," she chuckled. "Yes."

I let out a heavy sigh, forcefully smacking my pillow on my face. "Good for you." I said, in a muffled voice. I heard Monica moaning in sympathy. "Hey, whoever that guy is, maybe he wasn't in the mood. Why won't you try someone else? There are plenty of boys you could go with the ball on Monday," she suggested. "I mean, there's the twins. The three of you are close right?"

"Thanks, but no, I'm better off alone than not having a date with him." I said, I knew that Monica did not know that I was referring to Remus, and I haven't told her about me and Remus.

I spent the rest of the morning outside, I was walking on the snowy ground, snowflakes falling and some fell on my hair. I also went up to the Astronomy Tower, one of my favorite places in the castle, to get a perfect view of everything, soothing me.

It was getting terribly cold and I decided to head back in the common room to warm up, it was then I heard a hooting noise.

I looked up, and there was an unfamiliar owl flying towards me, a letter caught between its beak. I stretched out my arm, and the owl safely landed on it, giving me a small envelope. On the front, was inscribed M

Who the hell was M?

I removed the seal and quickly opened the envelope to reveal a letter.

Dear Selene,

I am awfully sorry of what happened last night. I didn't mean to become furious at you, I was so tired, so stressed. Therefore, I couldn't control my emotions, I humbly ask you sincerest apologies. I hope you forgive me for my rude demeanor.

With love,

Remus

P.S. I'll be attending the ball on Monday, I've changed my mind. I hope to see you there!

I felt a grin tugging my lips, how sweet of him. He was too hard to resist, I placed my hand to my chest where my heart was located. I felt as though my conscience was telling me to forgive him, which I followed.