Chapter 18: Heroic Work!

3rd POV:

It's been a few weeks since the raid on Toshima Island and Izuku could say that the Island was returning to its normal operations overall. It was decided by the government to add a few extra Pro Heros to the Island with normal routine checkups on the Island and all other Islands that belong to Japan as well to ensure another event like this didn't happen as easily. When Izuku did return to UA after the mission he was praised by All Might for completing the mission by himself for so long but also scolded him for taking such a mission without telling him since it was indeed his first actual mission! All Might also would glare at Nezu every so often for allowing the mission without informing Yagi but Nezu easily withstood the half-hearted glare since All Might was more proud of Izuku completing the mission than being assigned it.

Though in other news, Izuku has stopped by Eraserheads and Present Mic's home to see how Hitoshi Shinso had been doing. One afternoon when Shinso had gotten back from school, Izuku was already in the apartment waiting in his hero outfit as he sat on the couch and Shinso was just staring at him. "Yo!" Izuku said as he did a slight wave and then drank the coffee. Shinso continued to stare at him but then moved into the kitchen to get some coffee as well before he sat down on the couch and asked what Raiden was doing at his foster parents' home. "Ah, I came around to snoop for any blackmail to use on Eraser... always need some form of dirt on others!" Izuku said with a grin on his face while the rest was hidden by his hood. Shinso sat there looking at Izuku with a deadpan expression before he spoke, "I don't know if I should be concerned that you want to blackmail by foster parents or scared that a stranger is in my foster parents' home without them knowing." Shinso said which made Izuku laugh. "Oh, yea you wouldn't know since I stay at my other place all of the time since I have a hard to living around others..." Izuku muttered lowly but Shinso caught it and raised an eyebrow as he asked him what he didn't know.

"Ah, well I actually got a key to this place since Aizawa has partial custody of me. I don't live here though since my situation was a bit unique that I can't feel comfortable living in a highly-populated area so easily. It's part of the reason I knew they would most likely take you in since I would never be able to fill the void of them wanting to raise and care for a child since I am too far independent due to the situation I found myself in my childhood. As such, I live with Principal Nezu of UA in his forest home which is more comfortable for me than in more populated areas." Izuku explained as Shinso sat there stunned to learn that the person that saved him with the other Pro Heros was adopted and was partially under the custody of his new foster parents. "Anyway, in reality, I am here waiting for Eraser to get back since we have a drug bust to go do when he gets off from UA," Izuku said and that snapped Shinso out of his thoughts as he nodded his head.

As Shinso started to work on his schoolwork, Izuku decided to ask him if he was doing any training for UA since he wanted to be a hero student. Shinso paused and said he was doing some physical training via running but he didn't know really what to do since he knew his mental quirk wouldn't help much. Izuku nodded his head and knew from what the other users provided him based on All Might's memories was that the UA entrance exam was a robot-based one. As such, Izuku had dug around UA a bit using his quirk and found the information on the exam which turns out the robots had shutoff buttons.

Izuku decided to give his soon-to-be adoptive brother, in a way due to Aizawa's partial custody over Izuku, a hint about the entrance exam. "You should ask Eraserhead to train you for the entrance exam to increase your odds at passing but I will give you a hint at the exams. It's filled with robots but those robots do have shutoff buttons if you can find them." Izuku said with a smirk as Shinso's head snapped up to him. Shinso asked him why he would tell him how to pass the exam since UA would want its current students to keep quiet about it to the public. Izuku shrugged as he spoke, "I think your quirk would be amazing for heroics and the exam is biased so a hero's job is to help correct unfairness. I just happen to be doing it by giving you some tips for the exam and how to prepare. How you use that is completely up to you so if you pass it will still be in your own power since you will have to be able to move fast enough and work hard enough to pass." Izuku said as he stood up as Izuku heard the door move. A few seconds later Eraserhead and Present Mic were standing in the living room looking at their foster child being in the same room as the adoptive child of Erasers.