Chapter 29: The Missing Piece

Jillian Klairo

Nakatayo ako doon...gulat at pilit na iniintidi ang ang narinig ko. My brain could not seem to fathom the idea that Creed has a relationship with Pelocci...his best friend. I also couldn't fathom the idea that he did not tell me. With furrowed eyebrows I glanced at him.

"What is she talking about, C-Creed?"

"Bingi ka ba? Or do you need to clean your ears, Jillian?" Nang-aasar na sagot ni Pelocci. She was smirking as she held the wine glass in her hand. Masama naman siyang tiningnan ni Creed.

"Ex-boyfriend." He said while looking at me.

Nawala ang ngiti sa mga labi ni Pelocci at hindi makapaniwalang tumingin kay Creed.

"I broke up with you, Pelocci...I did not say that I want to try again. I'm sorry that I led you on." Sabi ni Creed na lalong ikinadilim ng mukha ni Pelocci.

"Y-You guys were a t-thing." Usal ko. Hindi ko alam kung ano pang sasabihin ko dahil to begin with, never ko naman na nalaman na naging sila. I am confused, shocked...and I felt betrayed somehow. Pakiramdam ko ay inahas ako ni Pelocci...akala ko ay parang kapatid na ang turing niya kay Creed..it turns out that it wasn''t.

She glared at me.

"Oh, yes. We are a thing. We have the right to be a thing because you left!"

"That's not--"

She cut me off.

"Kasama niya ako noong wasak na wasak siya sa'yo. Naroon ako noong mga panahon na nilulunod niya ang sarili niya sa alak at nagmamakaawa siya sa dingding na bumalik ka!" Sigaw niya sa akin. Nanggigilid ang kanyang luha sa galit. "N-Naroon ako noong mga panahon na kailangang-kailangan ka niya...pero nasaan ka? Nasa piling ka ng iba!"

I held back my tears as I looked at her face painted with pain and anger.

"How dare you leave him when he gave everything to you, huh?! We have the right to be a thing because I will certainly not do what you fucking did--"

"Pelocci, enough--"

Hawak siya ni Creed at pilit siya inaawat.

"Get your hands off me, Isaiah!" She yelled and pushed him away. Creed raised his hand.

"Don't lay a hand on her, Pelocci, I am warning you!"

She scoffed and glared at me, ignoring what Creed said.

"How dare you hurt my bestfriend?! And how dare you crawl back in his life like nothing fucking happened?! You conniving bitch! Naubos na ba ang pera mo, huh?!"

"Pelocci! I said don't call her names--" Creed tried to stop her again but she was flaming in anger. Dinuro niya ako gamit ang kamay niyang may hawak ng baso ng wine. She ignored that Creed was infront of me.

"No! This bitch deserves my anger." Bumaling siya sandali kay Creed. "She left you when she promised me that she will not hurt you!" She glared back at me. "You fucking promised me! I guess you are good because you made me believe that you are different. He loved you so much pero tinapon mo lang 'yun, para kay Polanski?! You do not get to just walk in our lives again--"

"Hindi ko siya iniwan, somebody set me up--" I tried to defend myself.

She threw her head back and sarcastically laughed.

"And you expect me to believe that shit?! I am not stupid."

I gasped when she threw me the rest of her wine. My mouth parted in anger. I get that she's angry but this is too much! She doesn't know the whole story and I do not deserve this. I wanted to fight her, scratch her face and slap her face for calling me names and throwing me her wine.