Chapter 3: Roaring Fists

Pst pst pst... 

Have you heard of the rumour?

Here, I'll tell you... come closer...

The rumour goes like this...

If you go into the forest during a thunderstorm, you will meet a demon descending from the sky, roaring maniacally, glaring at you with its sharp murderous eyes... as if it is planning your death. If you happen to get a glimpse of it, run away immediately... unless you want to be mauled by those sharp glinting claws—

Seriously. What the hell. 

This is exactly why I find humans unbearable. 

I swear it was an accident. 

Kids just LOVE to dramatise EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. THING. THEY. SEE.   

I continued running without looking back. From what I could see, they don't seem to be chasing me anymore. 

Running for a few hours straight, I was in a rather bad shape, being completely drenched by the downpour and covered in soot and dirt.

Wondering how far I've run, I lost my footing and tripped when jumping from branch to branch...

Whichhhhhh explains the 'demon descending from the sky part'.

"OWWW!" I growled as I hit the ground.

And that was when I realised two kiddos staring at me, gawking.

I've had enough of getting looked at, so I shot them I glare.

I seriously want to drop dead into a pile of autumn leaves and proceed to sleep for a hundred years undisturbed, just like the story of the Sleeping Beauty.

Minus the part where a prince awakens her from her long slumber with a kiss or whatever.

Wait. Or was that Snow White?

Who cares.

Back to the kids.

Perhaps the dusk which stained the sky eerily orangish black made me (who might have looked like a demon thanks to all that grime) look even scarier.

There was an awkward silence as I bared my teeth at them, hoping that they'll get the message that I prefer to be left alone.

There might have been a bit of a misinterpretation because they started throwing rocks at me.

Excuse me. That was my 'leave me alone' face, not 'I'l fight you' face.

Irritated, I roared at them, sharpening my claws.

No. I'm not going to kill them. I'll just give them a teenyyyy bit of a scare so they'll leave me alone.

I slashed the air in front of me, delivering a strong gust of wind just enough to knock them off their feet.

That probably did the job, since they scampered off right away, shrieking at the top of their lungs.

And, there goes the weird rumour about the monster in the woods. 

Which probably explains why a few weeks later, a bunch of teens came checking out whether  the rumour was true, then some trainers, and later even hunters, trying to hunt down the monster (aka, me).

This is just absolutely ridiculous. 

Done with avoiding the swarms of curious teenagers and eager hunters, I decided to relocate. That's right, Zeraora on the run once again.