Chapter 1: Origin

The philosophical question left unsolved for centries and millennias:

Did the Pokemon come into existence first, or was it the egg?

I don't know either. but I think it's probably the Pokemon that came first.

-

The first thing I remember was being showered by a soft, warm, radiant light.

And the next second I was surrounded by a chilling, numbing darkness.

I moved and twisted around, hitting a hard, yet smooth surface. Rubbing my head with my minuscular claws, I tapped it a few times.

Whatever it was, a small crack appeared on it, and soft light came pouring in.

Something was in the outside world. Something beautiful.

It's waiting for me.

Eagerly, I made a few more cracks on the surface.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

Crack.

There was growling, screaming, roaring.

The world outside was nothing like what I imagined. It was a horrifying world of eternal darkness, which stared back at me ominously.

Then a spark of light, bright like the sun, lit up my awestruck face.

A tall figure stood in front of me, her palms glowing and crackling with light.

I glanced down at my paws.

They looked the same as the stranger's, except that mine were much smaller.

Does that mean I can do that cool move too?

Holding my palms out, I imagined the satisfying crackle emerging from them.

It worked.

My palms lit up, glowing cyan as electricity emerged from it, lighting up my surroundings. I was held the crackling globe of light between my paws gently, admiring it.

It's beautiful.

It's fascinating.

I'm amazing.

Another roar and a boom snapped me out of my thoughts.

"It hatched! Let's catch it before it can do anything!" A voice roared.

A strange creature, with no fur, standing on two legs, holding up a bulky object.

"Run away! Run away! My child! Listen to your mama!" My guardian- who looked the same as I do, yelled at me.

Mama. The one called 'mama' is protecting me. Does that mean I'm safe...?

The next moment, a net came over us. 'Mama' pushed me out of the way as she roared in pain, shredding the net around her as her claws crackled intensely.

Fear stabbed through me.

Just what on earth is happening?

This world is a horrifying and dangerous place- It wasn't even 1 minute after I was born, and I already had to learn how to survive.

Blocking another move for me, the one called 'mama' said to me, "Run, Zeraora. Hide, and don't be found. Beware of the humans, they just want you dead. Don't turn back. Leave, and survive."

Fear. Panic. Confusion.

I tried to process everything around me. There was so much I didn't understand.