Second Chance part 3

I wake up normal time in the morning so it doesn't look suspicious however I suddenly get the feeling I'm not alone in my room. I sit up quietly to see Leon rummaging around my room, for the keys I assume.
I clear my throat and he jumps and spins round startled to have been caught.
"Kat urm it's not what you think urm" he stutters
"Leon just go out get some breakfast and I'll be there in a min." I tell him and he looks kinda relieved that I'm not mad. I am sort of though. I mean he's gone through my room.
"Oh okay" he says as he walks out embarrassed.

I get dressed and wash before going out to the kitchen.
We eat breakfast fairly quietly but I can feel him staring at me often trying to work out what I'm doing.
He clears up afterwards and I just watch him. I can sees he's worried which amuses me. It's strange having such power over the most popular person.
Once he's finished he walks over to me.
"Sit down Leon, I need to talk to you"
He sits silently. "I heard everything you said last night to me. I wasn't asleep." I say straight out.
His face goes pale and completely shocked. I guess he never thought Id heard anything.
I try to save him from talking by saying "it's okay though. I thought a lot about everything you said. I couldn't let you just leave like that. So I have to admit I hid the keys from you." I find it hard to read his expression so I continue speaking "I can't say how sorry I am for what's been going on with your mum and I wish I could've help somehow. I wish you would've told me in the beginning instead of pushing me away and that's why I'm not going to let you do that again. Your not running away. Your not leaving me."
"But but everything I've done to you over the past years how could you ever forgive that?"
"Because I understand why you did it. I don't want you to change I just want you to be you." I say softly "and Leon I've seen the real you these past days and it's been great"
He smiles slightly at me "I've enjoyed this weekend too. Thank you"
"No thank you Leon, and and did you did you mean it when you said you love me?"
He stills again and stays quiet for a few seconds.
Then he looks me in the eyes and says "yes Kat I really do. I know you'll never feel like that with me again but-"
I silence him by placing my lips gently on his. I pull back slightly and stare into his supposed eyes.
"Leon I've never stopped loving you"
He looks even more shocked if that's possible.
"Really? I mean like how? How could you possible still like me? I don't get it. I haven't exactly been the nicest to you. you don't have to say it just to make me feel better,"
"Leon yesterday and this morning has changed my complete opinion of you. After spending a nice weekend with you going out yesterday and hearing what you said last night I realise that the Leon that I love is still there. And I willing to try again with you"
"But I still.....I just- really?"
"Yes but just don't mess it up this week, you're different around the others,"
"I'll try Kat I promise,"
"Good" I replied then leant forward and gave him another small kiss on the lips before standing up and walking into the kitchen to get a drink.

Leon stayed still for a minute before walking over to the kitchen to join me. He came up behind and kissed the back of my neck.
"I don't deserve you," he whispered.
"Hmmm you don't," I replied turning round to face him wrapping my arms around his neck. He has the biggest grin on his face as he bends down to kiss me again.
"Let's go back to that place we went yesterday." I suggest.
"Really? You liked that much?"
"Yes, please let's go there,"
"Okay whatever you want," he answers.

We drive there straight away after I pack us a little picnic. I smile to myself. This morning went even better than I'd planned. I couldn't have asked for a better outcome.
When we get there, there's not a person in sight.

We set a blanket out in the sunshine by the stream and lay there together. It's perfect. So isolated like we are the only people in the world.

We chat about school; he's studying sport like me which is good. He's in quite a few of the teams: cricket, football & hockey. I play a few sports like tennis and netball but my main sport is golf. He plays as well. I remember when we were going out we had a game once together. It was so much fun. We laugh about that now.

"Leon I've had such a lovely day today. Thank you," I say turning to him.
"I'm glad but really it's all because of you. If you hadn't heard what I said I would've been gone this morning." He pauses, "so thank you for making me stay"
"That's okay, I hope I'm worth it" I reply smiling.
"Of course you are," he says grinning as he leans over to kiss me.

We head back home as the sun begins to set and i reflect on the wonderful day. He cooks us some dinner and we chat and laugh. It's lonely. At this moment I don't think anything can go wrong.
Then the doorbell rang.
"I'll get it" I say standing up.
I grab the key and unlock the door.
My face goes pale when I sees who's there.
"Where is he?!"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Hey thanks for reading and sorry it's been so long.

That's going to be the end of this story and sorry it's not the best ending. I've been writing another short story which I hope to post within the next few days.

Thanks for reading
Ghostgirlxxx