• 1.

4 months later

4 months later.

"clay, do these jeans make me look fat?" avery asked the boy sitting next to her. clay looked up from his lap and stared at her. "no and you aren't fat, you're probably just a little bloated. it happens." "yeah maybe you're right." she turned back to the mirror before she heard clays voice start up again.

"do you need lunch money today?" he attempted to look at her but she was facing away from him. "um no i'm fine. i'm most likely not gonna be hungry" "you say that all the time are you sure? i haven't seen you eat in a while." he reassured her making her face him.

"yes, i'm sure clay. i just haven't been that hungry these past few days it's nothing." she told him before getting a piece of gum and putting it into her mouth. "besides i eat more at night so im fine." she smiled at clay and he returned the smile. clay looked back down at his lap and glared at the tape in front of him.

"i thought you threw it out." avery announced clay bit his lip at the words. "no i still have them." he stood up, placing the tape on the bed. "im sorry about hannah clay." "it's fine, im fine." avery got on her toes and kissed him on the cheek. "i love you." she announced putting a smile on the boy's face. "i love you too."

"come on tony is waiting for us." the two of them made their way downstairs and was almost out the door before they were stopped. "leaving without saying goodbye?" avery and clay turned and gazed at the lady who was now standing in front of them. "sorry mami tony is outside, i guess we were just rushing..." avery spoke. "i was joking, it's fine to go ahead you two." "see you later mrs.gilbert." clay let out while walking out the door. "i love your mom." he told avery as he walked up to tony's car. "yeah same." "are you guys ready to go back to this shithole?" tony asked the two. "no." clay mumbled.

☀︎︎

the three of them walked inside the building and separated making their way to their lockers. after avery finished putting away and collecting her things she walked over to clays locker. he was looking away from her so she decided to rest her head on his shoulder.

clay smiled and turned to face her. "you're cute when you aren't being a demon." he joked making her laugh. "fuck you clay." the pair were about to kiss before they noticed jessica, alex, and zach walking towards them. "i knew you guys had a thing." jessica said making everyone laugh. clay noticed justin and monty walking towards the group.

"clay and surprisingly clay's girlfriend." monty said looking at clay. "justin and the person who does internalized homophobia." avery clapped back making monty glare at her. "has anyone ever asked you what you see in clay? what does he have that anyone else doesn't have?" justin said changing the topic. "he's nice, cute, and good in bed." "wow! surprisingly so am i." "did i forget to say he's mature." she added making the two boys roll their eyes. "hey justin what does internalized homophobia mean?" they heard monty ask as they were walking away. "you don't need to know man."

the rest of them made their way to the classroom and into their seats. "can i have all of your attention please, i would like to introduce a new student." the class turned to face the front of the room. clay looked at the girl's face. she looks so familiar he thought but it wouldn't click. "introduce yourself." the blonde girl smiled. either clay was daydreaming or she was looking right at him. "im hailee baker...hannah's sister."