CHAPTER SIXTEEN -- 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

the welcome partyততততত

the welcome party
ততততত

           Hika never saw herself as one to like the Poles. This entire journey, she's been debating if she should turn around and go home. She couldn't see herself in a big, fluffy coat like Sokka and Katara's, and she couldn't see herself enjoying the frigid air, yet it wasn't half bad.

Well, it wasn't half bad on the first day, but the second day was pure torture. She's seen enough ice hunks and ocean to last her a lifetime, and while yeah it was pretty, everything started to look the same.

Part of Hika thought that Appa wasn't moving, but that couldn't be true. There's a light ruffle in her hair as she plays a game with Hoji and Huff continuously burrows inside of Hika's lap. Silently, the earthbender covers the bunny in her parka before she holds her hands out in front of her, only two of the girl's index fingers pointing towards her twin.

He mimics her, his two pointer fingers extended as well. Hika, having lost last round, gets to make the first move. She uses her right hand and smacks it atop Hoji's left. The boy sticks out his middle finger, now at a total of two on his left, and one on his right.

With his left hand, he smacks Hika's giving the girl three fingers, and one left. She has to make her next move carefully, lest she loses for the fifth time in a row. She uses her hand, now with three fingers, and whacks Hoji's left.

Now the boy has one hand left in the game.

Right as Hika's hopes reach high, soaring much farther than it seems Appa flies, Sokka interrupts their game. "I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" He groans, looking over his shoulder from where he slumps over the back lip of Appa's saddle.

"I have an idea!" Aang snaps, quickly whipping over his shoulder to glare at Sokka, "Why don't we all hop on your back and you can fly us to the north pole!?" It was an unexpected sight, and Hika watches dumbfounded, hands still in the position of her game though Hoji had clearly dropped the one change his sister had at winning.

She juts out her bottom lip, huffing her bags out of her face as she slumps. I'd prefer rock, water, fire, air. . . She scoffs, following Aang's anger to Sokka, where the boy cocks a snarky smile.

His body remains facing the tail end of Appa where he'd watch the edge of the water pass bellow the bison, but a cocky smile remains directed at Aang "I'd love to," he sings, jabbing his thumb at his behind as he continues, "Climb on everyone! Sokka is ready for take-off."

Hika snickers, covering a laugh as she quickly turns back to her brother, 'Sokka could use five minutes in a horse stance,' She signs so that only her brother could catch onto her immature jab. It was almost too easy to make fun of the others when the twins had such a 'secret language'. The only thing threatening it was Sokka learning, but even still, the twins could always aim their inappropriate quips through the ground.