10. Apologies to Make

A/N I know the Imola cat is male but just thought it would fit this chapter better as a female.

Seb looked her in the eye. She stared back at him.

"I am so very sorry. I never meant to offend you. You might think I'm just saying it to get back in your good books but I do mean it. You are beautiful the way you are." She turned her nose up and walked away, her tail in the air.

"Well, I apologised!' Seb exclaimed to Britta. "But like a typical female, she doesn't want to know!"

The Imola cat stopped and looked around at him and let out a loud miaow. She came back and started rubbing up against his legs. He leant down and scratched behind her ears. "Hey, am I forgiven?"

Seb felt ridiculous talking to a bloody cat. But the fans had been calling for him to apologise to the Imola cat before the race. He had called her overweight the previous season and had a disastrous pitstop that had ruined his chance of finishing in the points.

And after his bad result in Bahrain it seemed the fans thought apologising to the cat would give him better luck. Ridiculous in his opinion, but he had to keep the fans happy. There were a million and one things he'd rather be doing. Top of the list was coming up with a plan to get his own back on Lottie. He had to hand it to her, she'd totally got him in Bahrain. Winding him up with her little suncream routine. Then pushing him in the pool.

He had to start thinking with his head instead of his dick. He could see her in the distance, talking to Joel and Ollie. He headed in her direction. He wasn't going to do anything but figured he'd make her paranoid. He slowed down as he neared her.

"Alright guys?" he asked Joel and Ollie. He purposefully ignored Lottie , getting into a chat with the lads about the upcoming qualifying session.

Lottie rolled her eyes and walked off, having no wish to be in his company. She made it about 20 metres down the paddock when he came jogging up besides her.

"Aww, sulking because I didn't say hello to you?"

"As if."

"Or maybe afraid of what I got planned for you. I haven't forgotten you know. Just because I let you off without retaliation in Bahrain, doesn't mean I won't get my own back."

"You can try."

"Liebling, I will succeed."

"Bring it on Vettel." He changed direction and headed off towards the garage. Time to see if his apology had done him any good.

                                      ***

Apparently he had been forgiven. After the disaster of Bahrain where he'd qualified 14th he was over the moon to qualify in seventh place. He knew it was only the start. He had to convert that to points the following day. Lance had qualified in 8th so all in all a good day for Aston Martin.

He was looking forward to the race. He'd been on the receiving end of some harsh criticism last season after how disastrous it had been. Some deserved, some not. He really felt that this season would be a chance for redemption. He really wanted to forget about last year. His divorce, Ferrari ditching him. The shit box they'd given him to drive.

This years car, Honey Ryder, had her fair share of problems but there was promise there. He had faith that the team would get on top of it. He could already feel a difference from Bahrain. He felt an early night was in order. He wanted to be at his best tomorrow.

                                         ***

He promised himself that he would bring the Imola cat a treat next year to say thank you. His race had gone as well as he'd hoped for. He had finished in sixth place. Lance had been ninth. That called for a celebration tonight. Everyone arranged to meet at a nearby club at 8.30. He was going to have a few tonight. He'd earned them.