Ch. 3 | And so? We spoke

Right so, This entire chapter could possibly be a call. Let's hope not but it's a possibility depending on how long i make this.

~

[Pico's POV]

I waited impatiently, almost completely anxiously for Keith's call. We had set a time to call and actually catch up with each other, I'm just hoping he doesn't chicken out. If he's still the same Keith I know, then he'd be sweating bullets right. I remember everything about him so well. His big eyes, the way he's shorter than me, how he spoke in his light tone of voice. Just thinking of that made me miss him, made the tension inside me evaporate a little.

Ring, Ring, Ring, Ring

I heard my ringtone blare from my phone as I looked over to it. It was on the counter. I was gonna ask Nene to get it but then I remembered, I had sent her and Darnell home because I decidedly need to do this by myself. I'm such a fucking (American) idiot. I stared of the phone once more and walked over to. It was time to hear his cute little voice again, there's no need to be nervous.

I swiped the green call button on my phone...

"Hello? Pico?" His soft yet toned voice spoke out into silence. I breathed loud enough for him to hear, I had just gotten rid of tension but here it was, back again.

"Y-you know you don't have to speak if you're mad at me. Do you want me to just leave you alo-" I didn't even give him the chance to finish.

"No. Absolutely not. Please don't hang up." I said somewhat begging. I sounded so desperate but I couldn't lose him again.

"O-oh. Okay! So.. Where do we start?" He questioned, I could tell tension was building inside him as well. His stuttering was cute.

"Why?" I asked bluntly, I needed to know. My core desire needed an answer to sleep more than 1 hour a night.

"Why? Pico, P-please be specific. I'm not exactly sure what you want me to say. Why did I move away? Why didn't I come back and talk it out? Why did I block your number? Why what?" He asks, his breath hitched. Hearing him say all that shocked me a bit. I didn't even realize he blocked me. I heard a sniff over the phone, I hated knowing this conversation was upsetting him but we have to speak about it.

"I want to know the answers to all those things. But if I had to start somewhere, tell me why you left me? I know the situation but was there any other reason?" I posed the question as best as I could without sounding desperate. Tch. Who am I kidding? I still sounded like I was on my knees. Not that I wouldn't get on my knees for him.

"I.. I thought I was stopping you from getting better, you know getting therapy. It felt as if every time you avoided help I was the common denominator. As if maybe if I removed myself from the equation that you could finally realize you need help. I truly thought I was bad for you." He said, his voice broke halfway through in a way that left scars on my soul.

Silence fell over the call as I felt my cheeks become hot and wet. Was I crying? God, of course I cry over him. I need to set this straight, so he doesn't feel like this is his fault. I want him to know the truth,

"Keith. That's not your fault. I was scared of therapy and I was too prideful, I knew I was fucked up and I was okay with it. So when you tried to help me, it felt like you were trying to change me. I know now that's not the case. I'm getting help now, so please understand that what happened was a result of me. And I'm ashamed it took me harming you and losing you to realize it." I spoke with every ounce of sincerity I had in my tone. I hear small sounds against his phone, probably wiping tears.

"I'll believe you on that. I'm glad you're getting help now." He said, trying very hard to present his normal voice. I sighed and closed my eyes, this is going to be an awkward question. I just know it.

"Why.. Why did you block my number?" I asked, my tone sounded a little too serious but i was genuinely curious. Especially since that explains the reason he didn't contact me, but then again i wouldn't contact the guy who almost killed me either.

~

[Keith's POV]

"Because.. You know how much I love you, Pico. I promise you if I hadn't blocked you i would've called the next day and that didn't seem like something i should've done at the time. I wanted to leave so hopefully you'd take it as a hint that you needed help. And it worked.." I breathed heavily as i felt my eyes well up again. God, I need to stop crying or I'm not gonna be able to get through this phone call. It's only been 13 minutes.

"Stop crying, Keith, It's alright. And.. Love? You still love me?" He asked eager to get an answer, I can tell. I swallowed hard and looked away from my phone shyly. How was I supposed to tell him that i still wanted to be with him? And now that Cherry's in the picture..

"I-i do but right now I have a lot going on. We don't even live in the same place anymore I moved to ******* city." I said trying to excuse the topic but his breathe became a bit heavier, so much so to the point where I could almost hear it.

"I moved as well, i live in ******* too..." He spoke, I heard shuffling in his background. It felt like my heart was beating faster,

. . .

. .

.

"Speaking of which, You said there was a lot going on? Tell me about that, Keith."