d e s p a i r

s h a t t e r e d  h e a r t s

c h a p t e r  2

The door to the bedroom opens. Slowly looking up from the bed I see my sister walk inside. "You look horrible" She says as soon as her eyes land on me. I know all too well that I look dreadful, and I'm not trying to hide it. All that I am hiding is the fact that she is currently with my Mate as his chosen Mate. She sits down on my bed and strokes my hair as we always do when one of us is crying. "What's wrong?" She asks me as she gives me a gentle smile.

I open my mouth to speak, but then I see that happy glee inside her eyes and I close my mouth. Telling her about it would only hurt her and Katherine has been through so much already. She has been through pain and suffering before. And she has not found her Mate yet. I can't hurt her in this way. She will be heartbroken beyond repair and I won't do that to my very own sister. Not after everything that she has been through.

I don't say a thing to her and that only causes her to grow worried about me, I can see how her eyes shift from happiness over to worry and concern. She takes the covers and goes under them and lies down next to me. It's something that we have always done when one of us needs the other one. Our father used to say that we were like conjoined twins when we were little, because we did everything together and when one was in pain the other was in as well, and did all like the other one did until she felt better.

Giving her a questionable look she just shakes her head. "You don't have to tell me. I'm here" Is all that comes from her as she takes my hands and just holds them. Letting me know that she's here for me and that she's not leaving me any time soon. Having her here does make the pain less and yet at the same time it only makes the pain worse. While I can't blame her form any of the things that are happening to me, I know that she is the reason that I feel those pain.

She is to be blamed but Nik is also to be blamed. Because he could not see and understand that I am his Mate and not my sister. Though, she did not lie when she said that she would be here. She lies in the bed with me and I know very well that she's not going to leave this bed until I'm smiling. We have always done this. Katherine and I have always been close, and we will continue to be close... until I'm gone from this world and I will be no more

Staying by each other's side has always been something that has been strong inside us, having each other's back when we need to. We have been told that there is a bond between us that is strong. It always has been. We are twins after all, and I may be the younger sister, but that doesn't mean that I'm anything less than she is. She has always treated me like her equal and I her as well. Katherine has always been there for me, that is why I can't break her heart when she has finally found happiness again.

Somehow she's taking away some of the pain, I don't know if she is taking it herself or if the pain is leaving me all of a sudden. For whatever reason, it is at least better than it was before. I turn my head to look at her and give her a sad smile, finding that smiling is a task. A task that I never thought that I would ever have to do. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks me as she gives me a sorrowful gaze. I lightly shake my head, not feeling like my voice can be found.

Nor if I even have the energy to speak at all or the motivation to do so. Still, it was my silence that got me stuck into this mess in the first place. "I'm here if you want to talk" She tells me. I let out a sigh as I turn my gaze to the ceiling that has had my attention this entire time yet, even when I had been looking up at the ceiling, I felt as if though I was not really looking at it. Not really. I have been far too lost in my own mind to even notice the ceiling itself.