2. L - Two possibilities

A soft low mutter accompanied the ticking of the clock, followed by a deep inhale and exhale. I smiled and looked at L who was lying on the ground in a feudal position with one rebellious arm sticking out. The blanket that had covered him was nowhere to be seen. I found it three meters away. The sleeping beauty had kicked it off again. I took the soft fabric in my hands and experienced the heat that came from it. It was so warm, heated up by L's body. I smiled at the foolish thought and wrapped it around L, taking care to cover his bare feet. L just muttered again yet continued sleeping. I realized again how much I loved his voice. Clearly I could recall his calm voice when he spoke to me after wolfing down his cup of tea not too long ago.

I had been looking anxiously at him as he drank, and he had commented: "You should have added more honey."

"I added three spoons, like usual." I had responded.

"No, four this time. One more to try to mask the drug you added. It is still too few. Besides the additional honey, you might at least have tried not to act so suspiciously, if it was your plan to not have me find out you drugged me." I had gawked at him, astonished. Not surprised by him finding out, but more about him knowingly drinking the tea.

"You were worried about me, yes?" I nodded at his question. "You haven't slept in ages. The dark under your eyes has reached 1.5 centimeters, it's making me anxious. You need to sleep."

"Well, judging from the strength and amount of the drug you gave me, taking in the number of sweets I've devoured today, I should sleep about five-and-half to six hours. The average adult needs about eight, so you should have added more honey... and drugs." I smiled. "Understood. Will do." He had actually smiled at me, and in a low voice breathed out a hushed whisper, forming "cute".

And now he lay on the ground, besides my feet. His mouth fell open and I smirked at the 'charming' sight. I hadn't dared to touch him, let alone move him to the couch or bed, so he just lay peacefully on the ground, torturing his back like he always does. His dark hair lay in frenzy all over the place. I reached out to move one stroke away from his big closed eyes, causing him to mutter softly again. I wondered if he was dreaming. And if so, what should it be that he was seeing?

The clock ticked the hours away. Exactly five and three fourth hours had passed. I wondered if L might have been wrong and hoped he would sleep longer. I myself had grown terribly sleepy but was staring at the large screen in front of me nonetheless, continuing the work as L snored. Just as I was about to doze off, two arms wrapped themselves around me, scaring me to death. I shrieked, struggled loose and jumped up from the chair. Then I turned to see the look of surprise on L's face. "Did I do something wrong?" he asked innocently. "Did you just do that?" I asked in return. I continued looking terrified at him, but after a while calmed down. "You actually tried to hug me." I said softly.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"No, no. Don't say sorry. You.... eh, could do that again, you know, no problem... None, really." I stuttered. But instead of obeying to my demand, he turned his attention to the screen I had been staring at. On it was a sleeping Yagami Light. "Why are you watching him?" He growled displeased. "We are investigating him 24/7, remember? To see whether he is Kira. You yourself ordered the cameras in his room. So far, the guy has been doing nothing but homework, eating crisps and sleeping, though."

"You should have asked Matsuda to watch Light. You need to sleep too." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Matsuda needs rest as well, L. What is bothering you so much?" When he remained silent, I thought about the situation and smirked.

"What have you concluded?" Asked L.

"Two options. One: you are a dive who doesn't want anyone else to notice anything strange about Light because you want to get all the fame. Having Matsuda watching Light is no problem because you might be able to convince him you were actually the one finding new insights on Light due to the ease with which Matsuda can be manipulated...Two: you are terribly jealous."

His eyes widened. "Jealous? On you? Do you think I fancy Light?"

I burst out in laughter. "Yeah sure, you silly! No, on me watching Light. You're afraid I might fall for him."

"I do not understand what is meant by that." L said quickly. "Of course you do! You know what love is, L. Don't play coy."

"Your deduction is wrong. There are more possibili--" I interrupted him. "There are not! You're just jealous and afraid. Which in turn means that you love m-" I was caught off guard by two arms wrapping themselves around me from behind and pushing me backward towards him. He was clinging tightly to me, not allowing for too much air to move through my lungs. "Ssssh." He hushed.

I blushed severely, feeling the heat in my cheeks and my entire body as he held me tightly. His surrounding scent of honey, cream and cherries was familiar and much adored. Together with the sound of his slow breathing it overwhelmed me, and I was too astonished to struggle for freedom. Instead I enjoyed his sudden fit of passion and asked: "what has come over you?" Warm breath reached the side of my face as his voice tingled in my ear. "No idea, probably the drugs."

A/N

That was a chapter about L, my favourite character! He must be so cute when sleeping... Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. Please tell me what you think and have a wonderful day!

-The Shinigami

Like I said, so adorably cute

(For the no-wifi readers: Picture of L sleeping) ^^