Chapter 23

"Anna!" Leo shouted after seeing Moriana getting shot.

When blood came out of her mouth, it felt like his rationality was ripped into pieces.

When Moriana almost fell, he sprinted towards her and caught her on time.

"My lady!" Justin ran towards her and noticed a presence.

"How dare they." Justin muttered in a cold voice.

"I'm sure you've noticed by now. You can do whatever you want with the suspect, just don't kill him. It's an order." Leo said.

"...Yes, your highness." Justin was left with no choice except to concede.

Far away from where Moriana currently is, a hooded person can be seen running.

'Boss will give me a big reward if she heard what I did. I need to hurry and report this.'

"Found you." Justin whispered from his behind.

"Who? Ack-"

Justin punched him in the gut directly.

The man then fell unconscious immediately.

"Tch. Pathetic."

The Justin now and the Justin Moriana knew was totally different.

He carried the man by collar and returned to the prince's current location.

At the imperial palace...

"Your highness! What happened to Anna?!" Moriana's parents barged in.

Moriana was placed in a bed and there were healers that surrounder her.

"We are still waiting for her stability Lady Allisson." Leo said.

A healer then walked towards the prince and talked to him.

"Her situation is really dire. The arrow that passed through her heart has a toxic poison. I'm afraid that-"

"Treat her no matter what." The prince said in a dominant voice.

"...Yes, your highness."

***

'What's going on right now?' My eyes were half open and I saw people talking and surrounding me.

"She's awake! Lady Moriana is awake!" A person exclaimed.

'I don't know what's going on right now but, why are their faces so long?'

I got up from the bed and sat straight.

"What's the occassion?" I asked with a straight face.

They wore shocked expressions.

"How are you feeling? Are you feeling hurt somewhere?" The person wearing white beside me asked.

"No, I'm feeling fine." I replied.

"Please give me your hand. I need to check something." He said.