07 | beam

0 7

b e a m

noun : a ray or shaft of light.

I COULDN'T GET a wink of sleep last night.

I didn't know what I just threw myself into. And without realizing it, the sun rose one more time and it was a new day for everyone.

And here I was still laying down on my fluffy queen size bed, in an empty yet cold suite. Regretting whatever happened last night as memories playing at the back of my mind.

It was 9 in the morning when the bell rang.

Reluctantly I got up from my bed with horrified hoarse groaning slipping out from my mouth then thinking of the one who was actually on the step of my door right now none other than Jeon Jungkook.

The realization hit hard, my eyes grew wider and jumped out from the bed to the bathroom. He can wait, my present not. Not even bothering to close the bathroom door, I looked at my miserable self in the mirror, messy hair, soft pink plain tunic and shorts. Frustrated by my own feature and the second bell rang through the whole suite, I scanned this whole massive luxurious bathroom and found a clean bathrobe­.

"Yeah, this will do."

I talked to myself and wrapped in that white bathrobe, tied my hairs into a messy bun and splashing water to my face just in case there was a droll or anything, I flashed a stupid grin on the mirror and nodded in approval, well it was better than before, and run to the front-door.

Whoever was in front of my step door right now was ringing the doorbell for the third time, just like what they said, the third time's a charm. Not even a glance on the peeping hole, I sprung wide open the door.

Then furrowed my eyebrows.

Okay...

It was a man. But it wasn't Jungkook.

It was a hotel bellman.

Confused, I looked over him; there was this gold cart behind him and what I was curious, the things that on it; there was a black box wrapped with a glitter ivory ribbon on top of it, not to mention there was a big bouquet of soft pink roses wrapped beautifully with a matte black color and hot pink ribbon at the bottom to stay put the roses.

Then there was this man who flashed me a bright smile like the sun this morning, "Park Chaeyoung?"

"Yeah... Apparently that's me... May I help you?" I answered awkwardly.

Instead telling me, he pulled the cart behind him and put it beside us, "this is delivered for you, Miss. May I push it inside your room?"

Still confused, I nodded and gave a way for him and his cart. He gave me a warm, mannered smile and walked past me while pushing his cart and stopping in the middle of the room.

Trying to have courage, I asked him, "who is this from, er­– sir?"

"I'm sorry but I have no idea, the receptionist just told me to send it to suite room 11, that is all. If you want to know, you can ask the receptionist, Miss Park."

Yeah, should have known that. Then he quickly asked me if there was anything else he could do for me, I told him everything was completely fine now, then the bell man excused himself and closed my hotel room.

And I was too afraid to approach the cart in the middle of my suite, there was no way it was from Cha Minho, I didn't even tell him where I was and there was no way my assistant did this for me, as if she knew I will meet up with him. So, the most make sense scenario was Jeon Jungkook.