03 | shimmer

0 3

s h i m m e r

noun : a soft, slightly wavering light.

SUN LIGHTS WERE the one who greeted me the following morning since I did not close the window with the curtain instead, I left it covered with those semi-transparent white curtains.

Checking my phone that it said seven zero five o'clock from the nightstand beside my hotel bed, I sighed then closed my eyes again, slumbered deep into my soft and comfortable bed.

I cannot believe last night I actually met with Jeon Jungkook, even though given the fact it is his homeland I did not expect him to be there and proceeded to listen to my story.

An acne in my heart appeared again as I rolled my body to bury my face on the pillow. I was too late or maybe I was not too late, I was just being a coward.

While cursing myself in the mind, my phone suddenly buzzed and my ringtone greeted the cold and lavish suit hotel room my secretary booked for the weekends, thinking I probably will have a good time. If only my secretary knew how it went, I literally just lost to the thought of Cha Minho as the love of my life. Groaned by inpatient ringtone, I got up from the pillow and prompted myself by my elbows and swiping my thumb to the right, answering the phone call.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" I blinked and turned to see who just called me, then I realised I don't really have to do that since I knew that kiwi accent came from Jennie Ruby Jane-Kim.

"Um, away?"

"Yeah, I know that since your secretary just told me you won't be available for the rest of this weekend, what the hell?"

I woke up from my bed, turned my body and stared at the television that reflected my figure, "whoa, calm down, why are you sounds... panic?"

"Because Roseanne Park, it's a week away from my wedding and you're supposed to be my bridesmaid, remember?" She recalled and I slapped my forehead mentally, but I did scrunch my whole face like when I saw avocado on my salad.

"Right, I'm sorry but this one is an emergency I can't shake it off," I lied.

Jennie sighed from the other line, "listen, I know that you are a busy, workaholic businesswoman but can you cut some slack and actually do something fun? I'm worried for your sanity sweetie."

I closed my eyes by the nickname and by her nagging about slacking for almost two years now, "Jen, I'm fine. Don't worry about me, just worry about your wedding dress, please?"

My friend, one of those four people I closed with since high school letting out another sighed. I assumed she surrendered to persuade me to stop being a workaholic.

Oh, how I wish Jennie knew that I was actually in a different country, thinking if Minho, our dearest friend, can come home with me hand in hand and I will tell everything that I have been holding up for almost ten years now. But I could not since it was not even near what I expected. So, I decided to bury the thought deep down and never let anyone find out.

And as if Jennie knew I was thinking of him, she brought up the latter.

"Minho discharged from the enlistment yesterday, do you know that?" Jennie brought that up and I threw my body to my bed again in annoyance instantly, "I heard Daci surprised him to be the one who welcomed him back from the enlightenment, she will bring him back here to Sydney for my wedding."

"That's great!" I tried my best not to sound upset about it, "I didn't know that Daci and Minho were still seeing each other, I thought they broke up because Daci can't handle a long distance when Minho decided to enlist."