The Last of Our Kind

Note: An unplanned version of this was posted previously by me in 2017 as "The Young Love EP". That story is gone, this is it's true version (and about Jon, not Dami)

She was born on Christmas night, and it was an unforgettable nine hours for some. 

Not in the usual way a birth is- though the mother in question, Kaiann, screamed as any woman would, and her husband Osairus clung to her hand desperately. Outside his best friend kept their first-born son company. He was excited to welcome his little sister into the world.

Outside, far away, on the other side of the city, the hundred or so people occupying boats on the Metro Harbour were having the worst night of their lives. The snowy winds were so strong they tore at clothes, but it was hardly noticeable when the waves were so big the build up revealed the bottom of the river.

It was chaos. Everywhere. The Justice League arrived quickly on multiple scenes- catastrophic weather, devastating tidal waves, plates moving beneath the Earth causing natural disasters.

It was a record Christmas for calamity. There were several deaths.

At the end of those nine hours, a child was born.

The nurses checked her over as Kaiann fell back into the sheets, exhausted.

Still, she grabbed her husband's collar as tightly as she had been holding his hand.

"Something is wrong," she growled at him quietly through gritted teeth.

Osairus frowned at her, then over his shoulder at the nurse who was wrapping his daughter in a blanket. Smiling, oblivious to his ire, she handed him the small crying baby.

Her father took her gently and looked over her slowly, concerned. Kaiann, unlike him, didn't need visual confirmation. She turned her head away from the baby, ashamed of it.

It took a few seconds, but eventually, the little girl opened her small almond shaped eyes to reveal beautiful, captivating milky-blue iris'.

Dread and disgust overtook Osairus. She's one of them, he thought bitterly. He briefly considered dropping her, making it look like an accident, to end their suffering quickly. But that was too barbaric for him.

The nurses hadn't seemed to notice there was a problem as they bustled around, making sure Kaiann was alright. Perhaps they were used to fathers having strange, varied reactions.

Osairus tried to hand his daughter to her mother, but Kaiann turned away, feigning being too tired to hold her.

Having never been more disappointed in his long life, Osairus put the little girl down in her crib, gently.

There would be many problems coming their way now.

◊◊

7 Song Story Playlist

•Bad Child -  Tones And I

•Streets - Doja Cat

•Paper Gangsta - Lady Gaga

•Save That Shit - Lil Peep

•Fuck It I Love You - Lana Del Rey

•Ocean Eyes - Billie Eilish

•Savages - MARINA

I do not own Jonathan Kent/Superboy, or any characters or plotlines associated with DC Comics. I do however own Charvi Knight and all original characters in this book, the plot and the concepts (including my imagining of the Demon Realm). Do not copyright or measures shall be taken to remove the stolen story on any platform used, as well as account removal.

Warnings for sex scenes, language, violence and drug use. 

This story stars four of my other characters in very small roles- but their involvement does not require any prior knowledge on them. (Klavdiya Iskra/Rapid, Love Like Demons, Everette Jewel/Night Eyes, Just Another Teenage Psycho, Piper Song/Gloom, Heart In The Dark, Silva Glea/Aphrodite, Killer Beauty)