Chapter 1 The move in

Hi Audery, Today my father is retiring and we are moving into a house instead of a trailer. This house has an attic and a basement. I am so exited.I have seen the house already but I haven't been in it yet. There is this strange thing in the attic window that freaks me out. It is like a shadow figure and it is there sometimes and it is gone sometimes. I am packing some of my things now so I have to go but I will talk again Audrey. "Ok by" Audrey hangs up. My mom walks in. "Hey Matilda are you getting packed. Yes mom I just got off of the phone, Audery knows where we are living now. Oh that nice. Mom leaves to go pack. I ask my dad as he walks by What is the town we are moving to called? The town is called Slabson and the street we are moving onto is Nilbog street. What Matilda, Ashley or Dave didn't know was that the house they are moving in to, the street they are going to be living on is ruled by ugly creatures. Creatures that you don't want to see because if you do they will eat you. Ring ring the phone rang. Hello my mom Ashley answers. Ok here she is. "Sweet heart it is Audery" ok. Hello. Don't move into your house Matilda it has a dark past. I have to this trailer isn't ours we were renting. JUST DONT MOVE IN the phone hangs up and didn't ring for the rest of the day. We finally get all of our things packed and we left for the house. I am so exited. When we got there the SPD was there. What happened officer?Mom asked. There was a murder here. Someone got thrown off of the roof. Do you know who it was?Dad asked. Her name was Audery Finklehimer she was age 13. My eyes start to tear up. I start to cry. Then it went threw my head. I did this I ignored my best friend she said not to move in and this must have been why. I start to cry even more. Then I look up I see the shadow figure and he looks at me and then it all goes black. I woke up the next day in the hospital. What happened to me? You had a heart attack. The doctor thinks you were scared almost to death. Do you remember the last thing you saw? The nurse asked me. I said I... I... I thought about it for a moment and then it hit me the shadow figure he must have had something to do with this. I can't tell the nurse she will think I am crazy. I don't remember the last thing I saw. Ok well two more days and you can go back home. HOME the four letter word that I didn't want to hear. Home is where Audery died. Home is where I saw the figure. Home is where I am in its territory. I can't go home or I might die from the shadow figure. My mind goes blank again I can't go home I say after the nurse left. My parents came in and gave me two great big bear hugs. We were so worried don't do that again sweety. where are we going when I get out of here mom? I ask. We are going to our new home. Even after the death? Yes. The SPD came up with a conclusion that she committed suicide by jumping off of our house.