Trapped...in house 13 ~Short Story~

a/n this is just a short story I have created it is only going to have one chapter and that is it....

TRAPPED...IN HOUSE 13.

Have you ever been told not to do something but do it anyway? The thought of doing something that you know has no possible excellent outcome, always seems to draw us in; we crave the thrill, terror and excitement it brings. Maybe it's best just to leave some things alone, walk away, don't enter the bloodcurdling, forbidding old house that every girl does in a horror movie, we all know how that story ends (terrible!). Well I just happen to be like that idiotic, stupid girl, and now I'm imprisoned somewhere I don't want to be. If I had just have listened to what people were saying, I wouldn't be trapped where I am today.

I bet you're wondering how I arrived in this horrendous mess, well all my problems started the day my curiosity got the better of me...

I'm standing here outside, alone. The bitterly cold wind is howling around me like thousands of pleas for help, blowing my long, golden hair in my face. The dirty brown crisp of the last fallen autumn leaves are angrily flying around me like summers busy buzzing bees. Beneath my small feet, grey shadowy pavement tiles lay; the cracks which have embedded themselves in between are like tiny little gateways to the horrors of hell. Where am I?

Cemetery Lane. That's where I live. No, it's not a cemetery, it's a street which just happens to be the same street the Addams Family lived on. I know... it's ironic. Moreover our street isn't normal either. Cemetery Lane consists of ten houses, nine of them are extremely modern and fully furnished to the highest standard- each house is complete with its own gorgeous green gardens which are beautifully flowered. I live opposite the house we never talk about-number 13. Why you might ask? Well, that's the only house on the whole of the street that's not the same: it's out of place, it doesn't belong, and it shouldn't be here. However it does and that's all due to the fact that no one dares to go near the dark, haunting, mysterious house. Ever since I've lived on Cemetery Lane I've never seen anyone step in or out of there, it's just been left alone, empty and unloved; not even a soul lives there.

When I was little I was always told to do everything my mum and dad warned: never disobey them, be good and polite to everyone, all the normal things. However there was one thing that they told me time and time again was to never look, think or more importantly go into house number 13.

That's where I'm standing now, outside number 13.

You're all probably wondering, why I'm standing outside this house if it's basically forbidden to even enter but, you see, these sort of things interest me, the idea of the unknown. However don't get me wrong, it is a bit scary just thinking about all of things that could be in the old creep house; there could be a body for all I know, or even a ghost, but there aren't such things as ghosts...right?

Well ,there's no turning back now, I've already entered the gates to the unknown, the dark black steel fence which surrounds the house looks like it's closing in, trapping me, with my only source of freedom through number 13s doors. I slowly make my way down the thin cracked pavement path which never seems to end, it's like the path grows longer with every small step I take, making my journey to the mysterious door that leads to the house seem further away.

Just as I think I'm never going to enter the house, the door suddenly appeared in front of my face, if I took one more step I would smash myself straight into it. However being this close, the door looks even more old and inviting, with the ivy growing around the edges and door number centered in the top middle of the door half falling off. My eyes travel down to the right hand side of the door, where I'm met with the doorknob. I cautiously move my pale white hand towards the fully rusted brown doorknob; as soon as my hand touches the cold metal a spread to terror comes over me. Carefully I turn the doorknob clockwise. Click. It's opened.

I slowly push the door and take a deep breath; my heart running a hundred miles an hour scared of what's on the other side. Stepping two feet in to the house, I'm finally in. Luckily I'm only greeted with a grand, dusty, cobwebbed staircase, which twists all the way around to the unknown upstairs. Every wall, floor and furniture piece is either covered in dusty white sheets or the ever living ivy has rapped its tight grip around them, trapping everything that's living or belongs in the house forever, with no way of escaping.

"What are you doing in my house?" a voice murmured out of nowhere. I thought no one lived here? Of course no one does, I mean not one soul has lived here for the past 16-years I've been alive and I'm sure it's been longer than that too, due to the fact that it's been empty since Mum and Dad have known, and that's been years. So who was talking to me?

"Answer me!" the voice sounded clearer. Where could that voice possibly be coming from? Maybe this house is just making me hear things and making me go crazy...but what if I am crazy? No I'm definitely not; it has to be something else.

"I can't talk to someone I can't see," I whispered more to myself than the mysterious voice.

"Is this good enough?" the voice asked and, then out of nowhere, a little girl appeared in front of me, she couldn't have been any older than 10 years old, with her adorable little French plaits, which made her look young. She had the palest face I have ever seen, I could even say she looked whiter than someone who is dead, but how could she, I mean she's alive...right? However her clothes looked like something that doesn't belong in the 21st century, with her extremely white dress and brown boots. Then when I peered closely I can see all the way through her...no way, that can't be right.

"What are you?" I asked scared of the answer.

"A ghost," she replied simply. But how could she be, ghosts aren't real.

"How can you be a ghost?" I questioned her.

"I don't know the answer to that and I doubt you'll ever find out either. But what I do know is that I can never let you leave. I promised Mother and Father that I would never let anyone enter the house and you did. If they ever found out they would be angry, so you're going to have to stay here, with me, forever." With that she disappeared in to nothing.

I quickly ran to the door, my only way of escaping. I froze. Coming face to face with the worst thing possible... ivy covering the whole door; at least 4 inches thick the stupid plant traps me in with no hope of escaping.

I scream at the top of my lungs. I'm now trapped and lost forever.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I hope you enjoyed it!

thanks for reading

holly