Nightlife

“Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me” –GreenDay

I woke up to my alarm early in the morning. Ready for another school day. Not really. But I have to go. Whether I like it or not. Ugh. I slipped out of my bed and sat there for a moment, waiting for the throbbing headache to subside. It was taking too long so I went ahead and got changed, ignoring my hangover. I threw on some sweatpants and a long sleeve white v -neck and some brown uggs for my cold feet. I don’t really care right now about my appearance. I really don’t give a fuck.

I went downstairs to brew my coffee. Thirty minutes left until I had to leave. Thirty minutes to waste. I went to the mirror and decided that my hair looked too oily to keep it down so I put it up in a messy frizzy bun. I went back and poured my coffee into my mug and put some sugar in it. I don’t remember much from last night. I remember walking home and Josh coming up but I can’t remember if he hurt me. Then I came home in Zayn’s car. Did he spend the night and leave? Ugh. Too many things to think about.

I arrived at school, my eyes squinting from the sun’s glare and my chapped lips parting even more. I tried to keep my head down and avoid all the dirty looks I got from mostly my class. But I couldn’t ignore the fact that I probably look like a homeless man.

“What?” I shot at this freshman kid eyeing me up and down.

“You look like shit, that’s all.” He smiled.

“Fuck you. Get lost.” I shot at him again. He backed away and turned to walk to wherever he was going.

I walked down the parking lot and texted Zayn to remind him to pick my car up. I had left it at Connor’s because I was too drunk to drive, or so he says.

“Look who decided to show up today” A girl walking next to me stated. What the fuck is she talking about?

“Did you have a good breakfast today?” A tall red head asked me.

“Coffee. Why is that fucking important?” I asked him

“It’s not. I just wondered if it involved meat” He smirked and walked away.

“Bailey!” I heard a familiar voice.

“Ashley!” We hugged and she looked at me weirdly. “What?” I asked puzzled.

“Have you talked to Connor?” She whispered.

“No, why

“You might not want to.” She looked down

“Ash, what the hell are you talking about?” And as if on cue Connor walked up next to me and I gave him a nasty glare for interrupting my conversation with my only good friend I have left.

“Woah Bailey, dear, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed. And with a hangover, huh?” Connor was walking next to me.

“What do you want?” I glared up at him. I was not in the mood for his charming pick up lines, if that’s what he called them.

“Sorry, ms.grumpypants.” He stood in front of me and made me stop in my tracks. What the hell is he doing?

“Connor, I’m not in the mood. Get out my fucking way.” I tried to push him but he didn’t budge.

“But you were in the mood last night, remember?” He winked at me. “Or would you want me to remind you?” He stepped closer to me, pulled his phone out and held it in front of my eyes.