Chapter 6: No Mercy (Part 1)

The hallway was filled with grime and debris. She-ra could barely kneel before Laurel appeared to attack her again, but Adora's reflexes allowed her to take cover in her shield on time. Laurel removed her sword from the shield, to kick it instead; this caused an opening that she took to grabbed the arm of the other warrior.

  "We don't want to harm innocents now, do we?" Laurel smiled and She-ra looked at her in confusion, but soon understood what she meant when they got teleported to the outsides of the castle.

  As soon as the materialized, Laurel threw Adora against the wall of a small house. The impact caused quite a lot of pain on the girl, who knew that, if it wasn't for She-ra, she'd be accounted for many broken bones. Adora had no time to recover, because the moment she opened her eyes, she had to dodge another punch coming from the other warrior, it made contact with the house's wall, which made the building finally collapse. Laurel charged again with such speed and strength which was barely measurable to She-ra, and that wasn't good news for a battle just starting.

  The warriors clashed her swords creating loud noises in each impact, it echoed in the abandoned village.

  "What did you do to the Queen?" asked Adora, struggling with Laurel. The latter just laughed out loud, drifting away from the fight they were having, this confused and angered the girl again.

  Catra shut his eyes closed, nervously thinking about what to do in the seconds of spare she had before the remaining guards got to her. But she knew the best choice would be for her to calm down first, so she took a deep breath, cleared her mind, and, suddenly, she opened her eyes staring at the guard with firmness. The boy returned an apprehensive look, something the girl took notice of. Taking advantage of that moment of doubt, Catra used her speed and finesse to hold the guard's spear and pushed it to her, so she could kick the boy, knocking him out.

  Looking around, Catra confirmed that the others were a few steps away, so she decided to face them; after all, they were just five young soldiers and filled with anxiety. The girl took advantage of that fact and didn't even give them the chance to stand properly, since she attacked them with agility and elegance; soon enough they were disarmed and unconscious on the ground as she breathed agitated and smiled victoriously. It had been easier than she expected, but the battle wasn't done yet. Catra stopped to stare at both sides of the hallway, doubting if she should go with Bow and Glimmer, or Adora. The girl thought for a few seconds until she decided what to do, and, though she wished this was the last resort, she grabbed the communicator that Sven gave them, activating it.

  "I don't know if you found the ship already, but my friends might need your help," she said, annoyingly leaving her pride beside to talk to him.

  "Where are they?" replied Sven, surprised it was her who made the first contact with him, and not Adora.

  "At the sorcerers' room," she clarified and released the button on the side, stopping him from answering.

  It wasn't fun for her to leave Bow and Glimmer to their luck, but it was two of them and Adora was on her own, and if your gut feeling was certain, she required Catra's assistance with urgency.

  "Understood, kitty," he said in an amusing tone, while Catra felt her bad mood augmenting, but chose to leave the apparat in her pocket and go searching for Adora.

  Sven and Keira had managed to localize the ship, they hid a few meters away from it, analyzing the panorama: two huge and armed guards were at the lookout. While they didn't seem to be easy rivals to face against, they wouldn't be a gigantic challenge for him.

  The boy ordered Keira to stay put, and he abandoned the bushes, alerting the guards immediately, who pointed their spears menacingly at him

  "Don't worry, Laurel and Eira sent me" the boy raised his hands trying to show how harmless he was, but this didn't seem to convince them, they kept the spears uptight.