Chapter 3: Monsters (Part 2)

"That's her!" yelled Catra distressed, ignoring the impact and pointing at a painting in the wall, her voice echoing against the walls. The rest followed her finger, but couldn't quite understand what she meant, "The She-ra I saw in my nightmare" she clarified with her eyes still in the painting.

 "That's Laurel" indicated the Queen, behind them. Catra jumped a bit due to the surprise, and all, included her, turned around to stared at the woman, which no one saw approaching, "My apologies, it wasn't my intention to fright you" she apologized with a kind smile.

  "No, it's fine, we didn't see you coming, you have nothing to worry about" clarified Catra, surprised and a bit nervous, while she observed that beautiful woman, who had short blond hair, and grey deep eyes.

  "Apologies to you, ma'am, we didn't even introduce ourselves," said Adora nervously, but smiling.

  "You must be Adora" Pointed the Queen, as the aforementioned seemed surprised, "Archie told me about you, guys, you two must be Bow and Glimmer, and you're..." she doubted when she got to Catra.

  "Catra..." replied the girl, a bit upset, with her arms crossed.

  "Oh, I'm sorry, I swear I tried to remember you all," said the Queen, frustrated.

  "It's fine" Catra faked a smile, and the Queen answered with one of her own.

  "I believe it's now the time to introduce myself. My name is Rose, I hope we can offer you a warm stay" as the Queen happily presented herself, Archie got inside the room and walked over to the group.

  "It's a pleasure to meet you, ma'am," said Bow, as he and the rest did a small reverence, "We are here to help" he added with a smile.

  "Yes, Archie put me up to speed" she clarified posing his eyes on the boy, as he stopped his tracks to rest on a pillar, near them. The group turned around to face him too. "I'm deeply thankful for your interest, but this situation isn't easy at all, and neither will be your mission" she explained helplessly, "so I'd understand if you chose not to accept it."

  "Trust us when I tell you we have plenty of experience in complicated situations," said Glimmer with a smile, trying to reassure her.

  "Doesn't matter how, but we will get your daughter back, and we'll try to get your planet in shape" added Adora in a serious voice, looking at the Queen, who smiled again.

  "Thanks, my son told me how brave and strong you are, but I must warn you the confrontation you had with my daughter it's nothing compared to what she and Laurel have prepared" she warned them.

  "I know, I saw it" replied Catra, arms crossed, letting out a sigh.

  "We have to try it" Adora posed her hand in Catra's shoulder, trying to be cheerful although she noticed the Queen's face still showed worry.

  "If you could provide us more information, we might be more prepared," Bow asked kindly,  smiling.

  "I don't know what Archie may have told you, but all I knew back in those times, because of my mother and Eira, is that Laurel was the result of a project my people had to do with the Ethernian's," she started to explain, trying to remember everything, "They wanted to create a warrior, similar to She-ra," her eyes gazing at Adora, "and they did it, but she didn't accomplish the purpose they gave her, and apparently, a time later she tried to rebelled, but they stopped her by locking her up, with magic, in the dark," she finished solemnly.

  "So... is she as powerful as She-ra?" asked Glimmer, worried at such possibility.

  "I don't know much about She-ra, but according to my assumptions, no" The Queen shook her head reassuringly to calm the squad's fears, "But alongside my daughter, she may be close to it, or even surpassed it" she added, the group freaked out again.