Where we met~cute

This is my first one, please tell me what I could improve on
~~
Newts POV :
It's been a week since the new greenie came up from the box. And I just cant help that the fact she's a girl and cute but I just want her to be mine although we haven't spoke a single word. I was in my own little trans until...
"EARTH TO NEWT." The guys said working around me taking me out my thoughts.
" yeah I'm back." Wait why did I say that, I said to myself.
"We still up for the bonfire tonight newt and maybe you can invite your little crush with you." Thomas nudged and whispered to me so the others wouldn't hear. For my reply I just knocked him with my shoulder and giggled and got back to work with her on my mind.
~later on~
Everyone where cheering as y/n, the new greenie, and others where coming back from the maze, and yes she's a runner and she's brave for doing it because I've heard what's out there and it doesn't sound like a nice place the maze. I ran towards the others near the entrance of the maze and y/n caught my eyes straight away.
"Well done y/n for your first run." I said as she was walking past me
"aha thank you and sorry but what's your name. I don't think we've ever met." She said in the kindest way
"Erm.. newt my names newt and no worries."
"Well nice to meet you newt. " she smiled and ran to her hut. And I just couldn't stop thinking about her and the way she made me feel happy and safe. While the other runners stayed with the guys I walked away towards my hut to take a quick nap.

Y/n POV :
While I was walking back to my hut to get changed into different clothes I just couldn't stop thinking about newt, and I don't know why I've never spoke to him before like he's super hot and just by looking at him you can tell he has a funny side to him.
After I got changed, I walked out but bumped into someone " oh I'm sorry I never ment to, I wasn't looking." As I was zipping up my jacket.
"Hey and its cool just look where your going next time." and by that familiar voice I knew it was newt by his caring voice.
"Oh hi newt, right." I said trying not to sound, ugh I don't know.
"Yes it's newt aha." He said back.
I was about to walk away until I heard newt saying something "hey so y/n are you coming to the bonfire tonight?"
"Erm.. I'm not too sure, and plus I'll have no one to talk to plus I'm not to keen on fire anyways so I might not even go sorry." I replied trying not to sound sad as I thought he was going to ask me like, want to go on a walk, and we would talk for hours to get to know each other better but I was cut out of my thoughts when he spoke up.
"Oh ok just cause I was wandering if you wanted to come with me, but as friends and we could get to know each other better." He said while scathing the back of his neck due to him being nervous.
"Omg yes yes I would love too, I'm sorry just no one ever has asked me this so I'm kinda excited." I said but thought like why did I say that like get a grip it's just a sit down and talking DaTe....? Oh no but I won't say anything about it.
"Ok sure meet me near my hut." He said pointing towards his.
"Sure see you later newt." I walked over to him and gave him a hug and to my surprise he hugged me back. All I could feel where butterflies in my stomach, I've never felt this before but I wanted to know if newt felt the same.
And after that we separated away and walked to our jobs, well seen as I'm a runner and that is my job but aside from that I'm a cook helper on the side seen as I can't cook anything.
~1 hour passed~
It was about the time the bonfire was ready so I said bye to everyone and walked over to newt who was leaning on his hut.
"You know if u keep on leaning on your hut it might fall over then you will have to rebuild it and I know how much you hate building things or even doing anything and I've only been here a week." I said and scaring him on accident.
"Geesus y/n you scared me. I'm going to get u back for that." He said coming over to me and giving me a hug.
Newt POV :
God damn I really hope she likes me and I really wish we could last like this for ever. That's until...
"Hey you two love birds coming over or are you going to stay in the freezing cold." Gally said jokingly I hope making us separate from our hug.
"Yes we are coming over now." Y/n said grabbing my hand and started walking over to the bonfire and sat on a log close to the fire but not too close so that we won't be too hot.
As we sat down I could tell that she was cold but didn't want to show so I pulled her towards me and wrapped my arm around her giving her some warmth.
"Thank you." I hear softly coming from her mouth.
"No problem y/n." I said as I put my head on top of hers in a caring way, just earlier we where strangers and now we are like we have known each other of years. It was all peaceful until gally and the others where standing in a circle watching people have a fights after fights, I was looking over till I hear y/n say
"Hey newt, can we go somewhere else where it's calmer, I'm getting a headache from those yelling constantly." She said with a bit of laughter but i agreed with her and we went to the other side of the thing we called home. We sat down on the side of the built up wall and cuddled up to each other.
"Y/n can I please tell you something?" I asked her trying not to sound too questionable.
"Yes sure anything." She said back looking up at me.
"Well from the day that I met you, when you came up from the box, I've felt something for you, well what I'm trying to say is.." I was cut off by her saying
"I love you, cause I love you too." She said and I was so happy I jumped up for joy and she was laughing at my childishness but instead of saying anything I pulled her up and lifted her up of the ground and I wanted to kiss her right there and then until....
"You know if you keep staring these lips won't kiss them selfs, I know you wanted.." before she could Finnish I smacked my lips onto hers and she immediately kissed back. We where like that for a good few minutes until she pulled away and said.
"New, I love you and ever since I came up you where the first person I laid my eyes on and immediately I knew you where the one for me but i didn't know how you felt but now I do." Y/n laughed slightly and I done the same and I offered to go back to my hut to talk until we got tired and she agreed and we stayed in my hut until the sun came up.

THE END
Please tell me how I did for my first one and comments would help me get better