goodnight moon

"Michael! Open the fucking door!" Michael's eyes snapped open and he shot off of the couch, (surprising himself, considering he just woke up) striding to the door. He looked through the the little peep hole, seeing Calum holding grocery bags. He sucked in a breath and opened the door.

"Yes?" Michael asked, realizing he didn't have a shirt on when the cold air from the hallway hit his torso. He crossed his arms.

Calum tried not to look and just raised the plastic bags, walking past Michael. He immediately went straight to the kitchen, Michael trailing a few feet behind. He picked up the sprawled out blanket and balled it up, tossing it on the armrest in an effort to tidy up a bit. He shook his head and wiped his eyes, joining Calum in the kitchen. Calum emptied the bags, revealing two boxes of popcorn, a half gallon of ice cream, a box of macaroni and cheese, three movies and a box of hair dye.

"We are going to have a Fun Day. Seems like you need one of those. I need one too, to be honest."

"We're going to dye my hair?" Michael asked, picking up the bottle of Splat dye. He saw that it was blue and set it back on the counter.

"Yep. You said you didn't know what color you wanted next so I picked for you. Blue will look cool." 

Michael shrugged and Calum grabbed the stack of movies. "I got School of Rock, Grease and Holes because those are like, the best movies in the history of movies. I also brought mac and cheese."

"Interesting combination."

"The greatest. So what do you want to do first? I was thinking we should dye your hair first, just because I want to see it blue." Calum held the dye in his hands, his eyebrows raised.

"Have you ever even dyed someone's hair before?" Michael questioned, wondering whether or not he should let him do this.

"Nope. You are the guinea pig." Calum said, a cheesy smile on his face.

"Oh, Calum, uh -- I don't think -- "

"Pleaseeeeee," He held his own hands, bottom lip jutted out, begging to do something so simple, "Please. Please. Please. I want to help, ple -- "

"Oh my God, okay. Just start the macaroni."

--

A half hour later, Michael has bleach in his hair, coated in plasitc wrap and has a bowl full of cheesy noodles. Calum is sitting across the island, a scooping macaroni from a matching red bowl.

"So how much longer does that stay in your hair?" Calum said, in between chewing.

Michael shrugged looking at the clock on the stove. "Like, fifteen minutes."

"Are you sure you can use plastic wrap like that?"

"I'm not really sure. I usually use a shower cap, but I can't find it so this should work. I mean, it traps in heat, right?"

"I guess so." Calum was still suspicious of the clear wrap on Michael's head, but just shook it off. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

"You should turn on some music." Michael broke the mildly awkward silence.

Calum nodded and pulled out his phone, clicking his library. He scanned through his thousands of songs, before deciding to just click shuffle.

You Had Me At Hello by A Day To Remember filled the small kitchen and Michael smiled a little.

"Like them?" Calum asked, finishing his bowl.

Michael looked slightly offended, following Calum to the sink. "Of course. Do you not ever see my band shirts?" That was a small lie. Technically, they were Luke's shirts. But Michael liked them because they made him feel close to the blonde, and hey, they were his favorite bands too.