13. 💋 Back in the Day

She was fresh into her first year of college at the University of Miami when she met Saxophone.

The finest, most sexy man she'd ever seen. All the Hoes wanted him. She didn't. She hardly even paid the jerk any attention.

He had tattoos on both arms, wore glasses that brought out his heavenly brown eyes.

She loved the way the sunlight trapped them. She was twenty years old then.

He drove a flashy black SS Impala on black with machined lip rims; housed inside always polished-with-Armor all-Firestone tires.

He loved his car.

She was leaving the Convocation Building, walking down the steps when she tripped over shoes she thought were tied.

Plummeting towards the concrete steps he suddenly appeared out of

nowhere and caught her just before her chin slammed against the concrete.

She felt like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

She had trouble catching her breath.

"Thank you," she said, clearly embarrassed.

The perfect gentleman, he helped her stand up. She gripped her purse uncomfortably, nervously shifted her reading glasses and feverishly shook

his hand.

He had a firm grip, nice ass and his nipples poked against his gray wife beater.

She held her breath, not breaking away from his piercing gaze.

He had a Colgate-commercial-ready smile. He said, "Are you all right?"

His earrings glittered under the Miami sun.

"Yes, yes."

She wanted to die. She stood there looking goofy in a plaid skirt which came down to her knees and white blouse with huge silver and gold

hoops dangling in her ears.

She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. She still wanted to die.

Oh, God! I look like complete shit! I needed a perm, my nails are chipping and the finger nail polish is wearing off; my tennis shoes are brown and don't quite match the beige and black of my outfit.

Shoot me God!

He was studying her. "I thought your chin and the concrete were about to merge."

She laughed uneasily, her hands shaking. She hugged her purse. No one that fine had ever talked to her.

In fact, through out her twelve years

in public school, only one guy had asked her out and she'd said "No!" because she thought he was playing a prank on her.

Boys loved her, but she failed to realize it. She felt uncomfortable standing in front of this beautiful man!

What a hunk!

"Yeah. Oh, thanks for helping me." She rushed past him, running down the stairs. She shivered all over. "Bye, bye."

Appalled, he spun around and ran after her. A few girls stood in front of him, trying to talk to him but he pushed them to the side and took

Jadish by the arm.

He couldn't let her get away. "Wait. Damn, can I get your name?"

"Jadish. Now let me go please."

He wouldn't let her go.

He was incorrigible.