One Night Only: Chapter 6

Two Days Later

Thursday

February 12

Kelly P.O.V

"Kyle everything is going to be fine." I said sitting in the wheel chair. "Go get Aubrey and meet me in the front."

"Alright." He sighed. "Nicki I'll see y'all in the front."

"Go get Aubrey." Nicki said pointing at the door. Kyle walked out the room with my bags and the nurse walked in.

"I need you to sigh your discharge papers." She handed me a stack of papers. I put the papers on my lap and sighed the papers.

"Damn this is going to be tough without my other hand." I handed her back the papers. She handed me some more papers.

"Come back in 3 weeks to get your casts removed." I nodded. "Be sure to take your medicine." I nodded again. "Do you have any questions?"

"No."

"Ok, have a nice day."

"You too." She held the door open and Nicki pushed out the room.

€€€€€€€€€

"Mommy, can I stay in here?" Aubrey said looking at me.

"Ask daddy." Kyle walked in the room with a tray with two plates on it. He sat the tray on the night stand and picked up Aubrey then sat her on the floor.

"Daddy, can I sleep in here?"

"Yes." He said putting her food in front of her. He handed me my plate and laid next to me. "How do you feel?"

"It's a pain here and there." I said taking a bite of me food.

"After you finish eating take your medicine." I nodded. "When do we suppose to meet this dude?"

"Saturday, we going to Nicki house to meet him." He nodded.

"How do you feel about driving?"

"It's going to take some time before I get back on the road."

"Daddy I'm thirsty." I got her juice off the night stand and handed it to her.

"Thank you."

"I took two weeks off."

"No, why Kyle?"

"So I could take care of y'all."

"No don't take two weeks off."

"I'll be working from home."

"Kyle." I sighed. "Go to work. Take just one week off and go back. Well manage to get things done."

"I know you will but..."

"No buts you're going." I finished eating and took my medicine. Kyle wiped Aubrey face off and put her in the bed.

"I'll be back." He walked out the room and I laid down.

"Mommy?"

"Yes?"

"Can we eat ice cream tomorrow?"

"What kind?"

"The one you eat."

"Butter pecan." She nodded. "Alright daddy will get us some."

"Some of what?" Kyle said walking to the dresser.

"Ice cream!" Aubrey yelled.

"Oh, what kind do she want this time?"

"Butter pecan."

"I'll go get some tomorrow." He pulled out some clothes and walked in the bathroom. I laid back on my pillow and heard Aubrey yawn. She moved into me closer and laid her head on my stomach.

"You have to get up." She didn't move. I her snoring and I laughed. "What and I going to do with you?"

I laid back and watched tv until Kyle came out the bathroom. He climbed the bed and moved Aubrey to the pillows that were between us.

He laid back and watched tv. He looked deep in his thoughts so I tapped him. He turned his head and looked at me.

"What's wrong?" He turned his head straight.

"Nothing, just thinking." He looked over at me and rubbed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too." He leaned over and kissed my lips. He looked at Aubrey and kissed her temple.

"Love you baby girl." He rubbed her hair back and cut the tv off. "Babe..."

"Kyle go to sleep." A few minutes later I heard his snores along with Aubrey's. I looked around the dark room a little long then fell asleep.