v.

waking up with the sun making its way through the slits in your curtains made the room feel weird. not a bad weird, but it looked like how someone from a disney movie would wake up.

you groaned and reached for your phone, noticing the time was 13:33. it was normal for you to wake up at this time so you weren't surprised. but what did surprise you was the amount of notifications you had gotten.

none.

you normally woke up to see a goodnight message from wilbur, a link to some random youtube video that wilbur thought was funny, or even some random photo of himself that he had taken a few years ago.

you got out of bed and did your morning routine before heading out to your office. when you heard no sound from wilbur's office, you assumed he was somewhere else.

taking your phone out of your pocket you connected your headphones and began playing soft boy, the new song wilbur was making which you hoped would be released soon.

the sound of wilbur's voice made you smile slightly as you turned on the pc, getting ready to use it. you quietly hummed along, feeling awkward if you were to make a noise louder than a hum in the quiet room. when the song ended you decided to put on your shared playlist with wilbur.

you had managed to distract yourself with work for a few hours until your phone buzzed. you turned it over, seeing the screen on and a notification in the middle of your screen. opening your phone, you saw what it was.

WILBUR

sorry for not speaking
to you love

you must've been
worried sick

i was give me warning
next time :(

are you free right now?

yeah why?

you didn't exactly get the response you wanted, but wilbur sent you a link on how to get to a specific location. you sighed, walking out of the office and getting into your car. you drove to the area wilbur had picked out, seeing nothing. 

"y/n!" wilbur shouts, waving to you.

you walked towards him, looking around in awe. it was a normal sight, a hill underneath a sunset, the sun and moon both being visible from different sides of the sky.

"are you coming or are you just going to stand there?" he asks, holding his hand out for you.

you took his hand and he led you to the top of the hill, and you could very clearly see he had his guitar with him. you sat down together as he picked up the guitar, trying to get the tune right before he looked up at you.

"i've, uh, heard you listening to this sometimes," he says, making your curiosity grow. "so, i thought, since i know the person really well, why not sing it for you?"

"what-"

"here it is y/n, the song that i made all because of you. jubilee line."

he gave you a quick smile before playing the oh so familiar tune, the one that made your heart flutter every single time you heard it. he began singing the song, his words sticking out even more since now you knew the song was about you.

"is the kid... and the woman... you know, yours?"

"oh! no, i don't know her. or the child."

you remembered your idiotic question, the one regarding him and some random person he didn't know. every time you couldn't sleep, that memory would replay in your head, making you cringe at your stupidity.

"see you around, y/n."

you remembered when he said that, and you didn't see him for another year. it couldn't have been just luck which made your office directly next to his. he ended the song and you gave a clap, watching as he pretended to bow.

the two of you stayed together for a few more hours before making your way back home. the two of you had your hands linked, swinging them backwards and forwards as you walked through the street lamp lit street.

wilbur looked down at you with a small smile, debating on whether to speak about what was on his mind. he opened his mouth, letting the four words slip out.

"y/n, what are we?"

you stopped walking and wilbur immediately regretted asking it.

"oh, sorry, i was just-"

"what do you mean?"

"well... we've known each other a while, even if you count the time we first met. and we've been good friends for a while, you know?"

"yeah..."

"so, what are we?" he asks again.

"um... what do you want to be?"

"are you saying it's all up to me?" wilbur asks.

you laugh slightly. "big q would like that."

wilbur laughs silently as you continue walking through the dark street. he mentally curses himself for asking the question, until you look up to him.

"wilbur soot's girlfriend... has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?"

"what?"

"you asked me what we were."

"and..."

"i think instead of leaving it up to me... or even leaving it all up to carly... we should decide together, you know?" you say.

wilbur smiles at you. "i think we've already got it settled, y/n/n."

"okay then. it's sorted. call me wilbur soot's girlfriend from now on," you say, barely containing your excitement.

both yours and wilbur's hands hadn't moved from their spot, still tightly entwined with the others. wilbur gave your hand a tight squeeze, making you smile even more.

"alright, wilbur soot's girlfriend."

"i didn't mean it literally, dickhead!"