Chapter 1 - The Wonder Eggs

Kyuro Wo (Pixiv)

Hey, everyone! I'm making this book now! If you don't know any of the Y/N stuff then check the description. Enjoy! (That's all I have to say for an intro to the book)

SPOILERS (obviously)!!! AND ALSO SOME MATURE THEMES, LIKE SUICIDE (also very important)!!! Please leave if you're sensitive to things along those lines.

~

"Why did you leave me..?"

It was a very bitter night. The frost was biting at my fingertips as they hung onto the white shopping bag I carried. I could see the breath that exited my lungs. I shivered before sighing. "Why does it have to be so cold?" I mutter.

I take a seat next to a small tree, covered by a rock wall. I set the bag down and curl my knees up towards my chest. "Let's just warm up a bit." I raise my hand towards my mouth and breathe hot air onto them, before rubbing them together. "That bag is way too heavy. Why did I force myself to go grocery shopping so late at night?"

I sit on the small wall for a few more minutes before deciding to get up. "I should get going now. I can't let my mind wander too much." I mumble. Slightly frightened about what would happen if I recalled the event. I shake my head and pick up the bag I left on the ground, then I began my walk home.

As I tread along the sidewalk I hear a little giggle close by. I freeze. "...w-what?" My voice croaks. I quickly scan the street, searching for the voice. It doesn't take long for me to find the source of the small laugh. A girl, looking about fourteen or fifteen, is walking along the street. She wore a yellow raincoat with a flower pattern near the pocket. Her hood was up but you could see a small bit of dark blue hair escaping from the inside. She had her phone out and was smiling at it. From where I was, it seemed like she was messaging someone. The bright light of the mobile phone reflected on her face, revealing one yellowish-amber eye. Her other eye was hidden by her bangs.

I reach for my phone from my own pocket. 12:13 am. What's she doing out so late? I decide to just ignore it, placing my phone back in my pocket. I sigh and continue my walk home.

It didn't take long for me to realize me and the girl was going the same way. All the time I walked I kept hearing her little laughs now and then. I glance at her once again. What a strange girl. She kept smiling as she walked. Every step she took seemed to be full of joy. Little skips and hops. 

She then grabbed onto a metal streetlight with one hand - her phone in the other - and spun around it. She then took a right and headed into a small play park. She must be meeting with someone. I stop in my tracks and watch her from the other side of the road. She heads towards one of the trees and stares at the ground. What's she doing? She then takes a few steps forward and disappears. "...What?!" I shout a bit too loud. 

I quickly, but cautiously cross the street and head towards the tree. Did she go around it? I reach the tree and start to walk around it, investigating every detail about it. When I reach the back of it I see something that really caught me off guard. 

"Why is there a hole here?!" Inside the hole was an escalator leading down. Curious, I head down too. The escalator didn't go too far down, but at the end, there was another hole. I smack myself on the face a bit, thinking it might be a dream. I sigh. "Nope..."

"What am I doing?" I brace myself, ready to jump. "Please don't drop the groceries!" I scream as I slide down the hole. Oddly enough, the dirt seemed to change into what seemed like the slide from the play park above. The ride down lasted about a minute and I was launched into the air and onto some mattresses at the end of it. I get up and check inside the bag. "Good. Didn't lose anything."