Prologue

Kali POV

"This is terrible, how could I let this happen? I was so careful the entire time and the one time I let my guard down this happens!" I said in shock as I looked down at the trash can, more specifically the pregnancy test I had taken, the test that was positive. "I knew I couldn't keep the affair hidden forever, but I hoped that when the time came I'd be able to better explain myself. Or at the very least deflect onto Ghyra." I said, "Oh well they were going to find out anyway, might as well tell them myself." I said, "Mom. We know." Blake said, "W-What!" I said, "You left the door open Mom." she said, "Why did you do it?" she asked, "I wish I could give you a good reason, but I can't." I said, "Then give me something! Anything will do!" she said, "I guess I was lonely, your father has been so distant lately and he was just so kind." I said, "Do you love him?" she asked, "No, of course not." I said as I hugged her, "I love your father, I love you. I love my family. He was nothing more than a mistake, a mistake I want to leave in the past. Besides he went back to his home in Vale." I said, "Are you and Dad going to be alright?" she asked, "I don't know, but I'm going to try ad make things right." I said, "Ok." she said happily.

"Ghyra." I said, "Kali." he said coldly, "Ghyra, I'm sorry." I said, "What for? I heard what you said to Blake, and I realized I was to blame. I drove you to him." he said, "Ghyra, a-are we..." I asked, "We will be fine, I will be fine. You, however, are going to have a lot of work to do. You have a little one to look after now." he said making me smile.