Seventeen

-Loki-

My eyes flew open but I still felt the pounding headache. I ignore it as I quickly stand up looking straight at Aaron who's been watching me with no emotion. The others tried to ask if I'm okay but I ignore them as I walk straight to Aaron with anger plastered on my face. I thought he would pull his shotgun out and shoot me again, but he stands there watching me with no move to grab it. I stop in front of him as I grab out my board, and quickly wrote down the message I wanted to write.

Why didn't you stop him? I wrote as I shoved the board into his hands.

Aaron stares at me for a few more seconds before reading what I wrote. Something flashed across his eyes but it was too quick to notice what it was. Aaron lets out a sigh before looking up at me with a look that seems like he has no idea what to say.

"What did he write?" Savanna asks curiously.

"He asked why I didn't stop his father." Aaron simply replies.

"What does that mean?" Alex asks confused.

"It means, that I was there when he was turned into a zombie." Aaron tells them ignoring my question.

I shove the board towards his chest trying to indicate that I want him to answer my question. Aaron sighs again before handing me back my board.

"You have to understand something. I wanted to stop your father that day, but when he stabbed you with that syringe? I didn't see it coming. I should've known. I'm sorry." Aaron tells me with guilt clear in his eyes.

I wanted to be mad at Aaron as well, but there's nothing to be angry at him for. He didn't do anything wrong. Aaron tried to stop my father but I interrupted him. This is all of my fault. I'm like this because of my foolishness. I can't blame Aaron, but it doesn't mean my anger towards my father has disappeared. He will get what he deserved if he's somewhere out there alive.

"Whoa wait a minute! Are you implying that Loki's father turned him into a zombie?" Savanna asks sounding alarmed.

"Yes." Aaron says simply.

"That's messed up." Alex says sounding displeased.

"Messed up or not it's been done, and he's a zombie now. We are supposed to be killing zombies not befriending them." Aaron says moving to pick up his shotgun.

"Wait! Please listen to us, Aaron. Loki and Alice are different from the others. They never ate human flesh, and they still have some human blood inside of them. Please believe us." Savanna pleads with Aaron as she steps up next to me.

"Loki came to the mall and helped save me and my sister. He didn't once try to hurt us, and I've been with my sister for weeks. Alice never tried to hurt me either." Alex explained to Aaron.

"How can a zombie be different? That's not possible." Aaron says furrowing his eyebrows.

"Dr. Mitsbee said it had something to do with their blood. He said that it was because they had a rare blood type." Savanna explains to him.

"Rare blood type? Dr. Mitsbee?" Aaron mumbles to himself.

"Please don't kill them." Savanna pleads again.

"Where is Dr. Mitsbee now?" Aaron asks ignoring her plead.

"He's back at the camp that we came from." Savanna answers confused.

"Take me there." Aaron commands.

"What?" Alex asks dumbfounded.

"We ran away from there, why do you want to go there?" Savanna asks raising an eyebrow.