28 ~ forgive

Ellize was still there, head in her arms, silently sleeping. She needed the rest, she was so tired and worn out. Not so long after, she wakes up to someone tapping on her shoulder.

It was none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Ellize. Please, can we talk?" He says, his eyes practically pleading.

Ellize stares for a second, thinking of what to say. She just woke up and her brain wasn't exactly awake yet.

"Er- Did I wake you? I'm sorry if I did, I can always come back," he says but gets interrupted by Ellize.

"It's okay. We can talk." She says quickly.

Draco takes a deep breath. He says, "Ellize, I want you to know that I'm sorry. I shouldn't have overreacted when I saw you with him. That was stupid of me to have yelled at you. I know that you're probably not going to forgive me yet, and I understand that. I just felt the need to say this. I'm sorry." He says, sincerely.

Ellize studied him. His voice was sore and sounded hoarse, probably from crying, his hands shaking, and his eyes were pleading and hopeful.

Draco studied her, too. Her hair was messy, her hands were also shaking, and her eyes were soar and puffy, probably from crying.

"I forgive you," she says quickly. His eyes light up, like someone flicked a lantern.

"You do? Oh, you do not know how grateful I am to hear that," he says and hugs Ellize, as tight as he can. She hugs back, smiling.

He smiles too, but knows he's hiding something from her. He figures he needs to wait to tell her. She had just forgiven him. He could wait. He wish he didn't have to tell her. He didn't want to hear the disappointment in her voice. Worse, maybe lose her forever. He didn't want that to happen. He wanted to keep her forever; hold onto her forever. Is forever real? Or is just some make believe story that we got told when we were young?