Chapter 29

Can't believe I've actually updated this soon after the last one. I will try to finish this book soon.

I was slowly coming back to consciousness from a soft touch on my collarbone. I chose to ignore it and try to go back to sleep.

They however had different plans. Instead they bit lightly on my neck and I jumped up. “Ugh…stop.” I hate the fact that I’m ticklish.

“Up brat. There is much that needs to be done today.”

I force myself up and glared at V. “Like what? I just want to sleep. You’re the one who kept me up all night.” I yawned as I tried to stretch before V grabbed my arm to pull me closer to him.

“I remember someone grinding on me in the middle of the night.” Damn. I forgot about that. V just smirked triumphantly at me while I got up from the bed to try and get ready.

Since we had a bath last night, I guess I can take a shower this morning. I quickly turned it on and took off V’s shirt that I had put on last night.

Somehow he can sleep without clothes. I cannot. Although I would love to always sleep in my pajamas, it’s unrealistic. So I usually just throw on V’s shirt instead.

I stepped into the shower and felt relaxed as the hot water ran over my body. This was doing the complete opposite of what I need right now.

Slowly I felt as V ran his hand up my stomach. “Thought we have a lot to do today?”

“We do. Doesn't mean we can’t shower together.”

I rolled my eyes. There was no way that was going to happen. “Alex will be here in 10.”

I jumped away from V and he looked at me puzzled. “What’s wrong?”

“I thought I heard something.”

“You did. That was one of my warriors. I have a meeting which is why I said we can shower together and nothing else.”

Oh yeah. I forgot I could mindlink now. This is going to take some getting used to. “Why didn't he just mindlink you?”

“Because I need to know, Brett, the blood pack-“

“Who’s the blood pack?” He just smirked before he gave me a quick peck and turned away to wash himself up.

He only has 10 minutes. I won’t bother him about it now. I grabbed my body wash so I could wash up as well. I was lathering up my arms when I saw V staring at me. “What?”

“You’re gorgeous ruqa.” He gave me a quick kiss before he got out of the shower.

I just smiled to myself as I continued to wash up. I had barely washed out the shampoo when V called for me again. “I need you to hurry so I can brief you.”

Brief me? What the hell was going on? I haven’t been briefed since I was a co-beta with my brother. When I take Alexandra to see Mason again, I’ll have to stop by my place to check up on the other half of me, literally.

After I got dressed V pulled me out of the room at a very rushed pace. “You are going to start training with Greggor today.”

“Really?!” I was so excited. I haven’t trained in what felt like ages. “Yeah. But one mark on you and I’ll skin Greggor alive.”

That’s so unrealistic. Cuts and scrapes happen from playing outside, what did he expect to happen. I hate that he babies me.

“I already gave him the rules and I really need to get going. You better be careful.”