XII. | TWELVE

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 let Y/n speak to Reginald first, he said he could wait to hear whatever he had to say and sat farther down at the bar

𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 let Y/n speak to Reginald first, he said he could wait to hear whatever he had to say and sat farther down at the bar. While Y/n appreciated and took up the offer, she wished he had talked to Reginald first. She wasn't exactly on good terms with him the last time she saw him.

Y/n let her right hand hold the ice cold cup of water she had ordered, as if that would fix her newly discovered power.

"You asked if you could come along," He stated. "Any reason why?"

She stared at the cup. "I was hoping you could maybe help with this problem I have."

"Which is?"

"My abilities. They're connected to my emotions so when you lectured Diego, that upset me even though you were right." She continued, "My left hand froze up a little which wasn't unusual but my right hand..."

"Didn't?"

"No. The opposite actually, a little flame appeared." She sighed. "I don't understand where all these abilities are coming from."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked, pouring some alcohol into a cup.

"Well, I was born with what I explained to you. The ability to make ice, freeze liquids, and make snow. Then a few days before the apocalypse in 2019 I randomly got an invisibility power and now this."

"I assume your abilities have limits." He queried, receiving a nod from Y/n. "Do they react in anyway when you consume alcohol or drugs?"

"They get weaker. I'm not sure if the affects are long term though since I don't drink a lot."

"Did you ever smoke perhaps?"

"No, but-" She cut herself off as she realized.

That would make a lot of sense.

"But..?"

"It's a long story but when Five jumped to the future and got stuck in the apocalypse, I stopped aging and you were so determined to figure out why. At some point when I refused, you gave me this drug and never told me the name of it because I ended up getting addicted to it."

"That would make sense as to why you have these new abilities all of a sudden."

"Yes, but what drug would cause that?" She asked herself. "Maybe you gave them to me on purpose? Like, whatever you gave me was meant to give me powers."

"That's a good guess. Though if you became addicted to the drug I assume there was either a mess up from when I made it or it was simply a regular drug."

"Maybe. Either way, the damage has already been done." Y/n gave him a small smile and stood up to leave.

"One more thing, I recommend you train this new ability of yours before the supposed war hits."